Do you know a GOOD Arthritis doctor, especially for hands?

Do you know a GOOD Arthritis doctor, especially for hands?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Do you know a GOOD Arthritis doctor, especially for hands?
  #1  
Old 08-02-2019, 11:38 AM
cathell62 cathell62 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fieldstone Path
Posts: 12
Default Do you know a GOOD Arthritis doctor, especially for hands?

I'm looking for a doctor that is good for treating arthritis in my fingers.

I would appreciate input both who's good and who to avoid.

Thanks....
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 08-02-2019, 03:54 PM
NotGolfer NotGolfer is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 3,040
Default

What kind of arthritis...there's true arthritis which is osteo or there's rheumatoid disease that is a systemic autoimmune disease---often given the name of arthritis (but it's not). IF it's that...then the Specialty Clinic has two rheumatologists. Dr. Catherine Sullivan and Dr. Morris. If you have osteoarthritis not sure that's the route you should go.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 08-03-2019, 05:46 PM
VILLAGERBB VILLAGERBB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 202
Default

NotGolfer,
Saw your response regarding arthritis and am wondering if you could advise. My symptoms include pain and swelling of hands and feet. Do you know if atmospheric pressure can mimic arthritis? I've noticed these symptoms whenever there are storm clouds around.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Kathy327's Avatar
Kathy327 Kathy327 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathell62 View Post
I'm looking for a doctor that is good for treating arthritis in my fingers.

I would appreciate input both who's good and who to avoid.

Thanks....
Dr. Catherine Sullivan
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2019, 07:03 AM
NotGolfer NotGolfer is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 3,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGERBB View Post
NotGolfer,
Saw your response regarding arthritis and am wondering if you could advise. My symptoms include pain and swelling of hands and feet. Do you know if atmospheric pressure can mimic arthritis? I've noticed these symptoms whenever there are storm clouds around.

Thank you.
Only a doctor can tell you if you have arthritis and what is causing your pain and swelling. I suggest starting with your primary, then going from there. The ways they determine what you have is via x-rays and/or blood tests (the latter for rheumatory disease). Pain and swelling most likely can be caused by varying things that folks on a social media site can't determine for you.
Reply With Quote
Thank you
  #6  
Old 08-04-2019, 12:47 PM
VILLAGERBB VILLAGERBB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 202
Smile Thank you

Thanks NotGolfer. Good advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Only a doctor can tell you if you have arthritis and what is causing your pain and swelling. I suggest starting with your primary, then going from there. The ways they determine what you have is via x-rays and/or blood tests (the latter for rheumatory disease). Pain and swelling most likely can be caused by varying things that folks on a social media site can't determine for you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-05-2019, 07:42 PM
JohnN's Avatar
JohnN JohnN is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Village of St. James
Posts: 2,483
Default

Best I've found is Dr. Ben-Gay
__________________
Chicago, IL
Little Rock, AR
Alpharetta, GA
Searcy, AR
Village of St.James, The Villages, FL
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-05-2019, 08:04 PM
kathyspear's Avatar
kathyspear kathyspear is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Best I've found is Dr. Ben-Gay
I use this and it really help with (what I consider) minor pain from arthritis in my hands (mainly the base of my thumbs), my low back, and my hips:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had zero expectations that it would do anything but was pleasantly surprised. YMMV, as they say.

Good luck.

kathy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
good, arthritis, doctor, input, avoid

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.