Do you like Medicare?

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2019, 08:34 PM

Check plans...my Medicare covers drugs and a lot more
Old 08-06-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
This is my understanding also.

The problem is not a simple one. But, other nations have shown it is possible to have universal single payer healthcare to provide basic healthcare and then to have private health care insurance for people that want it and can afford it.
The problem is much deeper than simply providing health insurance for all. An infrastructure of medical personnel, clinics and supplies needs to be available. The two-tiered system of health insurance, such as that Canada has where those who can afford private health insurance in additional to their national health insurance, creates a system of those who don't receive services in a timely manner versus those whose private insurance covers it and they get timely services. Also, of interest to me is that Lithuania can't keep enough doctors since in their financial system, doctors aren't adequately compensated for their service, and they leave the country to go to another country. Sounded like it could be similar to Medicare where services aren't adequately compensated.

Finally, my previous doctor in another State, went totally no-insurance. She had great difficulty helping her Medicaid/Medicare patients find new doctors since no doctor in this suburb community was taking this "insurance".

Clearly, I don't know the answer, but certainly hope we don't allow Congress to dictate our "health" insurance as a political carrot to win our vote.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
The problem is much deeper than simply providing health insurance for all. An infrastructure of medical personnel, clinics and supplies needs to be available. The two-tiered system of health insurance, such as that Canada has where those who can afford private health insurance in additional to their national health insurance, creates a system of those who don't receive services in a timely manner versus those whose private insurance covers it and they get timely services. Also, of interest to me is that Lithuania can't keep enough doctors since in their financial system, doctors aren't adequately compensated for their service, and they leave the country to go to another country. Sounded like it could be similar to Medicare where services aren't adequately compensated.

Finally, my previous doctor in another State, went totally no-insurance. She had great difficulty helping her Medicaid/Medicare patients find new doctors since no doctor in this suburb community was taking this "insurance".

Clearly, I don't know the answer, but certainly hope we don't allow Congress to dictate our "health" insurance as a political carrot to win our vote.
I agree completely, we don’t want Congress to decide. Studies from both Harvard and MIT show Congress votes against their own constituents best interests and in favor of big money over 85% of the time.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Default Medicare - NO

You really don't want anything that the government runs - if possible. I am dealing with the VA - and just to see a doctor - from a medical emergency has took almost 2 months. I can't tell you how many people I had to call - how many authorizations I had to have - how many people gave me the wrong phone number & information , then even once I got my authorization - it had a doctor's name on it I have never seen. It's preposterous - and a real shame.
Closed Thread

Tags
medicare, healthcare, company, prescription, vision

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.