Does this seem right? Trying new dentist

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2021, 06:38 PM

Don’t fall for the deep cleaning. I had it done and wondered afterwards why my gums weren’t even sore. I thought it was a rip-off. I doubt if a dentist will do just a cleaning without X-rays. They want you as a patient so they want to get to know your mouth first. I have been through a few dentists since I moved here and finally settled on Heritage Dental. I am very happy with them. I had just a regular cleaning set up with the hygienist after my initial visit. Hope this is helpful.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersweeney View Post
Stay away from white sugar and soda pop and you won’t need a dentist….

Don’t eat and slip on straw and you won’t need dentist.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
Had my last teeth cleaning last December, after years of just normal cleanings it was recommended I see a periodontist. This dental office in Fruitland Park has a nice dentist and staff, but maybe not the advanced cleaning apparatus such as the ultrasonic unit. Anyway, because of not yet having my Covid vaccination, I put this off. Got vaccinated in April, then went on a 3 month camping trip.

Upon return, in late July I made an appointment at Dental on Fennell, because as a new modern office they seemed to have the latest equipment. Could not get in until Oct 12 for an initial appointment and cleaning.

I was there at least 1.5 hours getting panorama, multiple small xrays, some fancy camera views of every tooth. Finally the probing for gum depth. I heard mostly level 2,3 and a few 5’s in the molar areas. Dentist comes in, tells me my teeth are grinding and we could use Invisaline to correct them (big money), there are two small fillings he could fix, one on a far back molar that’s been there since the 1980’s. And of course, I need the deep cleaning and scaling to the tune of $1000, which my insurance doesn’t cover.

So, I end up leaving the office with NO cleaning, they will check again with insurance, as will I.

But it seems like I am being held hostage…..no teeth cleaning unless it is the deep cleaning first. I was not happy to say the least. Anyone know a dentist that will just do a cleaning, or is the insurance going to require the deep cleaning now that this dentist has recommended it?
There was another thread on here a while back where people stated that the dentists around the Villages are shysters. You can search previous threads by using the key word "dentist."
I love reading all the information that everyone posts so that I can have a heads-up when we arrive in 4 years. I will definitely be searching for the right dentist and I'll be d*mned if what is happening will happen to us! We'll find a dentist away from there and make the drive if we have too. Such a shame! Good luck and don't put up with being scammed.
Old 10-21-2021, 05:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Dental plans.com will give you a list of prices for the area by procedure. Compare your price to them. 2 or 3 does not require deep cleaning. If your gums are bleeding or you have a ton of tartar it should be done. See YouTube teethtalkgirl
Closed Thread

Tags
cleaning, dentist, teeth, insurance, office

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.