Urgent care centers

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Default Urgent care centers

We will be visiting The Villages during flu season and the H1N1 season. We have no local doctors there and the ER would be to crowded. Are there any urgent care centers in the Villages or close by?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Gold member

There are many Urgent Care practices in the vicinity. My primary medical is provided by Paramount Urgent Care. I am very pleased with the care that I have received. They are located on 466 in Sante Fe Station. Enjoy your stay in The Villages and hopefully there will be no need for you to visit any urgent care facilities.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
We will be visiting The Villages during flu season and the H1N1 season. We have no local doctors there and the ER would be to crowded. Are there any urgent care centers in the Villages or close by?
There are many Urgent Care facilities in The Villages - but do NOT use Exceptional Urgent Care - CR101 and 466 location - we had a very bad experience and nobody will return phone calls or reply to a certified letter.

Check with people about a good location when you visit here.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM

As`others have indicated, there are several walk-in clinics in The Villages.
This link is Dr Khanna's:
http://www.pma-physicians.com/
Enjoy your stay at The Villages...it is a wonderful place to visit and live.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne View Post
There are many Urgent Care facilities in The Villages - but do NOT use Exceptional Urgent Care - CR101 and 466 location - we had a very bad experience and nobody will return phone calls or reply to a certified letter.

Like everything else, everyone has a different experience. I used Exceptional Urgent Care and was extremely happy with them. The Dr. who stitched me up was the best I've ever had. If you are just going to get a flu shot though, use Walgreens.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:47 PM

If you need to go after 5 or 6 pm it had better be ER class need as most close by then or thereabouts. Have used Premier Urgent Care during normal hours and very satisfied. They are on Santa Barbara just off of 441/27.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne View Post

I too had a horrible experience at Exceptional Urgent Care and reported it to the AMA. Very serious unprofessional behavior by the physician. Have heard other stories as well so it wasn't an anomaly. Run don't walk.

Lake Regional Urgent Care located in Sumter Landing near Sweetbay is the best urgent care I've found. They are staffed only with doctors; no physician assistants just MD's.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:12 PM

Another vote for Lake Sumter Urgent Care. They are highly profressional and thorough; the Drs and staff are great.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
There are many Urgent Care practices in the vicinity. My primary medical is provided by Paramount Urgent Care. I am very pleased with the care that I have received. They are located on 466 in Sante Fe Station. Enjoy your stay in The Villages and hopefully there will be no need for you to visit any urgent care facilities.
I need allergy shots monthly (for life-threatening allergies to wasps). I called all the Urgent Care Centres and the prices ranged from $75 to $150 for the monthly visit. I called Urgent Care in the Sante Fe Plaza and they do the shots for $25.00! An excellent facility, very professional and caring.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I went to this one about a month ago and had a very positive outcome. I had some extreme pain issues due to a condition I have and was put on some drugs for it that helped immensely. Was told that if the RX's didn't help to be sure to come back. So far I haven't had to! My primary recommended this Urgent Care facility to me and I would definately use them again.

I've also heard positives about Lake Urgent Care on Old Camp Rd. by Sweet Bay. If I hear more than one negative about a place (any place...to me that's a red flag for sure...but I will find out for myself as well by just asking around for more info)
Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default We have everything here. Even two super Walmarts.

First, Welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay and you don't become ill or need an urgent care. Shimpy is right. If you need a flu shot, go to Walgreens.

I haven't ever used an urgent care here (We are snowbirds) so when the joy of our life and only grandson came to visit and started wheezing due to our pollen here, we took him to The Villages Hospital at three in the morning.

They immediately took him in and a doctor checked him. (Breathing difficulties are always first in Triage) At the same time his mother was giving them her insurance information which was accessed immediately and she quickly joined us. Colin was treated by a very nice doctor and given a prescription which was filled on site.

His mother said the fees were the same if they had been home in Cincinnati.

Then after he was O.K. I yelled at him a little for not remembering his "stuff" for asthma, since he is 17 and should have brought it and then I hugged him and cried with relief.

So that is my experience.

You can P.M. me and I will give you our phone number so that if anything bad happens you will have a friend in The Villages.

Don't worry. Be happy, the best is yet to come.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Urgent Care

My husband was dehydrated when we first came here. I took him to The Sumter Landing urgent care. At 4:00 in the afternoon they were already closed. I then went to Paramount Urgent Care in the Santa Fe Center. They were very good, professional and OPEN. We have gone twice since then. I supposed the doctors at Lakeside do not like to work evenings. The PA at Paramount, about whom I can say no wrong, does.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Both my husband and I have used Paramount and are extremely happy with them.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 02-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Platinum member

Another vote for Paramount.

I went to them one Saturday morning when I felt like u-no-wot. They were quick (one other patient there at the time), caring and thorough. I waited longer at CVS to pick up what they prescribed for me than the whole time at their offices.

My regular physician has an urgent care facility, too, but it is nowhere near as convenient, and when trying to use it once during a regular week day, I waited over an hour - because it was lunch hour!

Best bet, of course, is to avoid needing an Urgent Care Facility!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.