411 Urgent Care on 44 across from Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Gold member
Default 411 Urgent Care on 44 across from Brownwood

Hubby has had a bad ear ache and I have a viris that I picked on a cruise ship that lasted 20 days then went away for 3 and started up again with the post nasal drip and sore throat......we both just felt miserable....

So we decided to go to the new Urgent Care across the street from Brownwood on 44, 411 Urgent Care..

We registered, and were immediatly led to a room. A tech and nurse came in and took our vitals, history and complaints. The doctor came in minutes later, during the triage and was extremely personable and we were evaluated, given 2 shots each, in the but...ouchy.....and told to go to Walgreens (our choice) to pick up our scripts that were already electronically sent for us.

wow...wow...wow...... we were in and out in less than 45 minutes.....

Just wanted to let everyone know, they are out there and worth the car trip..... The office also included vascular, heart and I another specialty MD that I can't remember.

We were highly impressed, and will be repeat customers for sure.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Hubby has had a bad ear ache and I have a viris that I picked on a cruise ship that lasted 20 days then went away for 3 and started up again with the post nasal drip and sore throat......we both just felt miserable....

So we decided to go to the new Urgent Care across the street from Brownwood on 44, 411 Urgent Care..

We registered, and were immediatly led to a room. A tech and nurse came in and took our vitals, history and complaints. The doctor came in minutes later, during the triage and was extremely personable and we were evaluated, given 2 shots each, in the but...ouchy.....and told to go to Walgreens (our choice) to pick up our scripts that were already electronically sent for us.

wow...wow...wow...... we were in and out in less than 45 minutes.....

Just wanted to let everyone know, they are out there and worth the car trip..... The office also included vascular, heart and I another specialty MD that I can't remember.

We were highly impressed, and will be repeat customers for sure.
Gastroenterolgy...
Old 09-22-2017, 05:47 AM

Everyone I know that has gone there gets a shot in the Butt Lol What's with that?
Old 09-22-2017, 06:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnobles View Post
Everyone I know that has gone there gets a shot in the Butt Lol What's with that?
Yea, they give everyone a shot of Rocephin. A heavy duty anti biotic.

I think a real doctor would be better or an ER
Old 09-22-2017, 07:37 AM

///

Last edited by Brad-tv; 09-23-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
Yea, they give everyone a shot of Rocephin. A heavy duty anti biotic.

I think a real doctor would be better or an ER
We got that....and they want us to come back 2 days for 1 shot a day? ever heard of that....

and when I called they said we also have to see the md each time......

I think I just might be changing my opinion......
Old 09-22-2017, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
We got that....and they want us to come back 2 days for 1 shot a day? ever heard of that....

and when I called they said we also have to see the md each time......

I think I just might be changing my opinion......
PDR indicates a preference for 3 doses IM every 12-24 hours for severe otitis media. It appears to be intended for severe bacterial infections such as meningitis.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think it wiser to have a PCP who knows your health history and can monitor your health. I prefer a board certified MD who knows our health history. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and infections can be caught early enough to stop them in their tracks.

That is if a person lives here full time. I am glad you are both better and it is good to have emergency facilities available for after hours things that happen, but as we age health issues happen and it is good to have someone to oversee our general health.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:39 PM

I'm not going to get old.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnobles View Post
What's up with that is $$$. Rocephin is overkill for the vast majority of bacterial otitis media. But the MD gets well paid for giving it. Whereas of course the MD makes no profit for a script that goes to the pharmacy. Unless you are immune deficient, have a significant other underlying condition or have failed oral antibiotics for this ear infection there is almost never a reason to use Rocephin as a first drug. And if the doctor sent you to the pharmacy for more meds? Were those oral antibiotics as well or maybe just ear drops with numbing meds?

Of course if you have a virus, no matter how terrible the virus might be, you never get any benefit from an antibiotic. Unless you are hoping for diarrhea or a drug rash or to fill your body with antibiotic resistant bacteria..

HERE is a good summary from the CDC of what common illnesses do and do not need antibiotic treatment. Note that for adults there is no listing for ear infection as it is not a common diagnosis.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

These emergency clinics perform a valuable service in our country today because of the long, horrendous wait time at hospitals' emergency rooms or because getting a doctor's appointment in a timely manner may not be possible.
They do take your medical history.
The clinic described in this thread has a very well credentialed medical doctor on staff.

As I have said in the past, board certification does not guarantee that a doctor is good.
In some cases they are simply just average doctors -- nothing special and no better and no worse than any others.
This clinic across from Brownwood provides a fast response time from a knowledgeable staff when your issue requires attention now.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
What's up with that is $$$. Rocephin is overkill for the vast majority of bacterial otitis media. But the MD gets well paid for giving it. Whereas of course the MD makes no profit for a script that goes to the pharmacy. Unless you are immune deficient, have a significant other underlying condition or have failed oral antibiotics for this ear infection there is almost never a reason to use Rocephin as a first drug. And if the doctor sent you to the pharmacy for more meds? Were those oral antibiotics as well or maybe just ear drops with numbing meds?

Of course if you have a virus, no matter how terrible the virus might be, you never get any benefit from an antibiotic. Unless you are hoping for diarrhea or a drug rash or to fill your body with antibiotic resistant bacteria..

HERE is a good summary from the CDC of what common illnesses do and do not need antibiotic treatment. Note that for adults there is no listing for ear infection as it is not a common diagnosis.

I defer to the experts.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think it wiser to have a PCP who knows your health history and can monitor your health. I prefer a board certified MD who knows our health history. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and infections can be caught early enough to stop them in their tracks.

That is if a person lives here full time. I am glad you are both better and it is good to have emergency facilities available for after hours things that happen, but as we age health issues happen and it is good to have someone to oversee our general health.
Urgent care was necessary due to the Lake County ENT could not see us till next thursday 9/28........ and we tried 3 different ENT's no luck

we'd have been dead by then....

Last edited by kstew43; 09-22-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post

he did prescribe antibotics for the both of us.....this is something our regular ENT in South florida never has done.....usually ear drops and nasal spray for me...but we were in so much discomfort, and didn't want to make the 5 hour drive to our primary home ENT, so soon after arriving up here that we hoped for the best and took a shot...or 2.....
Old 09-23-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Urgent care was necessary due to the Lake County ENT could not see us till next thursday 9/28........ and we tried 3 different ENT's no luck

we'd have been dead by then....
Then pay no attention to non medical opinions seen on the internet given by those that know nothing about your situation. You did the right thing.
Closed Thread

Tags
urgent, wow, care, brownwood, minutes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.