DR Ezike: Swimming Pools Are Not Safe To Use During Coronavirus Pandemic

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2020, 04:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts
Default DR Ezike: Swimming Pools Are Not Safe To Use During Coronavirus Pandemic

Because Of ‘Fecal Shedding’

Dr. Ezike: Swimming Pools Are Not Safe To Use During Coronavirus Pandemic Because Of ‘Fecal Shedding’

CDC says:

There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.

"should"

Who knows what to trust.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

Dr. Ezike: Swimming Pools Are Not Safe To Use During Coronavirus Pandemic Because Of ‘Fecal Shedding’

CDC says:

There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.

"should"

Who knows what to trust.
THEN DON'T GO TO THE POOLS -- no one is dragging you there
Old 04-26-2020, 04:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet10s View Post
THEN DON'T GO TO THE POOLS -- no one is dragging you there
No need to yell, just putting the info out there. Hard to tell what to believe. I have my own pool
Old 04-26-2020, 04:43 PM

There is going to be “fecal shedding” in swimming pools whether or not there is a corona virus pandemic.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:28 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
There is going to be “fecal shedding” in swimming pools whether or not there is a corona virus pandemic.
Do you think people are dropping a chalupa in the pool?
Old 04-26-2020, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Diluted by a 20,000 gallons of chlorinated water..

I'd be (am) much more concerned about public restrooms.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
I bet there always is...and other “stuff” too. It always put me off swimming - in spite of what people say about chorine!
Old 04-27-2020, 05:56 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:

CDC says:

"should"

Who knows what to trust.
Swimming pools have been said to always be safe due to the chlorine. You should know by now that 90% of news is false so why do you continue to believe everything? How about you just bubble wrap yourself and live in a cave? Thats the only way to avoud germs
Old 04-27-2020, 06:12 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:

CDC says:

"should"

Who knows what to trust.
Then Dr. Ezike need not show up at our pools. Also, why would anyone give up their freedoms or amenities because some doctor said something? There are always people out there trying to control your life!
Old 04-27-2020, 06:36 AM

Read the statement. Mostly because of the locker rooms not the water. Just another way to spread fear to thevillages. Stay home instead of posting. ️
Old 04-27-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:

CDC says:

"should"

Who knows what to trust.
So much disinformation
Modified by conflicting information
And sometimes 180 degree turnarounds
Old 04-27-2020, 06:44 AM
Bikeracer2009

A study has found the coronavirus in pollution particles. I don't have a link to that study to add. Other studies have shown the infection rate is at least 25% higher than the data shows. I don't have links to for this either. I'm also not doctor or scientist.

I plan on going to the pool when they open but I won't go under the water. I'll cool off by going in to chest height and then use the pool shower to rinse off. The UV rays will hopefully kill what the chlorine doesn't kill. I do not had any data to support my plan and I don't recommend anyone injecting or inhaling chlorine or using UV light inside their body.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Swimming pools have been said to always be safe due to the chlorine. You should know by now that 90% of news is false so why do you continue to believe everything? How about you just bubble wrap yourselfe and live in a cave? Thats the only way to avoud germs
I think most of the villages pools are “saltwater”
Not sure if that’s as good as chlorine
Old 04-27-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorejh View Post
Then Dr. Ezike need not show up at our pools. Also, why would anyone give up their freedoms or amenities because some doctor said something? There are always people out there trying to control your life!
I am more than willing to give up “amenities” if I not going to spread the corona virus to others who might become ill and perhaps die.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

Not a nice thought to put in my head this morning....glad there is chlorine.
Closed Thread

Tags
pools, hot, tubs, covid-19, inactivate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.