DR Ezike: Swimming Pools Are Not Safe To Use During Coronavirus Pandemic

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2020, 02:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Who is this Doctor??????????
“Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike.” She’s from Nigeria, or her mother is. She has a degree in Chemistry from Harvard and got her MD from UC San Diego. There are definitely pools with lots of little kids in Chicago I would avoid because of “fecal shedding”, but I wouldn’t avoid pools in The Villages because of that. After all, there is no shortage of toilet paper!

She may be right to see locker rooms and toilets in locker rooms as a larger potential hazard. For extra safety, keep six feet away from people in the pools and just talk louder. Also, the pools that don’t allow children might be a little safer. But I think the water is safe. It’s probably safe enough to drink.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:41 PM

I agree with you Zonerboy--with all the seniors in the pool it is inevitable and that is why I stay away from the pools. Thank you for putting that out there.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:51 PM
Default Swimming Pools

this is not a matter of being denied amenities, it's a matter of life and death and no one is telling anyone what to do, because no one knows for sure, just use your own discretion
Old 04-27-2020, 03:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
The pools are not salt water. They may use a different form of chlorine. How many people pee in the pool? Yuk!

We're not suppose to? No-one ever told me that.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:04 PM

Based on that philosophy, you probably should not take a bath or shower either. If you say isolated and sterile, your natural immunities are going to suffer and when you do decide that you have been suppressed enough by the government and venture out, you are going to puck up every bug out there because your system will have become immune deficient.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Based on that philosophy, you probably should not take a bath or shower either. If you say isolated and sterile, your natural immunities are going to suffer and when you do decide that you have been suppressed enough by the government and venture out, you are going to puck up every bug out there because your system will have become immune deficient.
Thank you. And guess what the result will be. A big spike in diseases, and perhaps deaths, that will all be reclassified as COVID19 new wave cases.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
If your current philosophy promotes batheing or showering with strangers in order to boost your immunity, you may need to consult your Doctor for advice. Or your Mom.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
Guess we should be content to sit at home forever than.

Will probably wait a few weeks and see how going into pools seems to be working out.
You can go first
Let us know how it works out
Old 04-28-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Salt is Sodium Chloride. In water, it breaks apart into sodium and chlorine ions. Thus, a salt water pool is also disinfected with chlorine. The difference is that the chlorine is not poured into the pool as a liquid. It’s nowhere near as salty as sea water, though.
Thank you I learned something
Old 04-28-2020, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Swimming pools have been said to always be safe due to the chlorine. You should know by now that 90% of news is false so why do you continue to believe everything? How about you just bubble wrap yourself and live in a cave? Thats the only way to avoud germs
But do you know who touched that bubble wrap and were they wearing a mask and gloves

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-07-2020, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter View Post
I think most of the villages pools are “saltwater”
Not sure if that’s as good as chlorine
The salt is converted to chlorine in The Villages' filter system so, there is chlorine in the water.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:58 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

I, for one, am glad to see so many reluctant to use the pools. The pool I frequent has been uncrowded and very pleasant this week.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Closed Thread

Tags
pools, hot, tubs, covid-19, inactivate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.