hearing aids

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2018, 08:20 PM
Default hearing aids

Looks like I am in need of getting hearing aids. The local paper is full of ads but I am leery of these solicitations. I am looking for someone reliable in testing my hearing and recommending the right hearing aids for me. Suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts
Default Costco

Although this is a drive Costco is recommended by Consumer Reports. Less than half of competition for similar quality. Perhaps Sam's is also the same?
Old 03-21-2018, 09:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

From what I have heard Costco is the place to go.
I do not think you need to be a member, but you could join if you had too.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:28 PM
Platinum member

I am VERY happy with my hearing aids, and have had them for over two years. After trying unsuccessfully , 3 different brands from a doctor's office for several months, received a total refund and gave up.

A person later recommended I go to Sam's Club. Success! You go in, they test your hearing, and fit you with hearing aids. Then you go shopping while wearing the hearing aids, go back and, for me, all was good. And, it would be totally refundable for 60 or 90 days. What can you lose?
Old 03-21-2018, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

I have over the ear from Hear USA (Brownwood) and am very happy with them. This location was recommended by my part B insurance, AARP UHC.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Look into Dr. Paige Holt, audiologist in the Lake Ear Nose and Throat offices.

She has access to a multitude of brands on the market.
She will work with you trying as many types as possible to find the best solution.

The after the sale service is unbeatable.

The pricing seems to be, best of my knowledge, competitive.

Be sure to check more than one source on the pricing. The price of hearing aids varies substantially throughout the market place.

There is a lot of bait pricing boasting 50% discounts or buy one get one free to name a couple.

This is one of those subjects/purchases one needs to do their home work.

Good luck.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I highly recommend The Villages Ear. They have two, maybe three locations. I needed new ones and was very leery as they are expensive and people can easily take advantage of you. Their price was reasonable (much less than my last pair) and they check and adjust your hearing aids weekly for many weeks and then six months and are very good at what they do. I was fitted by an audiologist in Cincinnati and I have to say the quality of these devices is better. I went to the location near Publix on 466.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:24 AM

Page Holt Works to find the best ones for YOU
Old 03-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barebones1191 View Post
Looks like I am in need of getting hearing aids. The local paper is full of ads but I am leery of these solicitations. I am looking for someone reliable in testing my hearing and recommending the right hearing aids for me. Suggestions are welcome.
I suggest you go to someone who sells multiple brands of hearing aids, different brands have different options depending on your hearing loss. The person that sets up and adjusts your programs is definitely the MOST important part of the process ...
I go to Express Hearing Care 541 Fieldcrest Dr off of 466...
Old 03-22-2018, 07:06 PM
Gold member
Smile

I originally purchased Zounds hearing aids but on a couple of occasions while on vacation I had a problem with my aids. Of course I couldn't find any Zounds dealers where I was. I then found out that the local Zounds office was closed and I would have had to go 60 miles away for another office. I decided to purchase Miracle Ear aids primarily because of the national network of stores. Originally I purchased a pair of aids that I could recharge but didn't last 24 hours. They then came out with rechargeable aids that lasted for 24 hours. I purchased them. They have 5 different programs on my aids for normal, music, tv, outdoor sports, and noisy environments (works great in a loud restaurant). I'm sure there not the cheapest around but works for me and the aftercare is terrific.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Closed Thread

Tags
hearing, aids, testing, reliable, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.