Dr. Harry Weiser?

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2018, 06:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Dr. Harry Weiser?

I'm having him do spinal stenosis surgery....is he a good doctor?
Old 03-15-2018, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I'm having him do spinal stenosis surgery....is he a good doctor?
Glad his first name is not "Bud"
Old 03-15-2018, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

Harry lists Leesburg as one of his locations..I see him tomorrow in Fargo, ND..HELP!
Old 03-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Harry lists Leesburg as one of his locations..I see him tomorrow in Fargo, ND..HELP!
Dr. Harry Weiser, MD - Plantation, FL - Neurosurgery & Neurological Spine Surgery | Healthgrades.com
Old 03-15-2018, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
???? Oh please don't rush into surgery. You must be in terrible pain.

So sorry.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Best of luck with your Surgery. He appears to be near the top of his craft. I'm very interested in hearing what you think about him. Take Care, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Veteran member

Long story Gracie. I was scheduled for surgery Sept. 6th but at the last minute was told I'd had a heart attack and bad ticker....so I saw a Cardiologist in The Villages that told me I'd NOT had a heart attack and that my heart was turned slightly to the left...on and on
Old 03-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Greg,

I am so sorry you are going through all this.

I do not know anything about the doctor you will be seeing. But I do know that spinal stenosis can cause awful pain if it gets to the point where the aging spine does things that compress the sac that carries our nerves through the spinal column.

I do know someone who had spinal stenosis surgery many years ago. It was a success and he even got back to golf because he could then stand and walk comfortably again. His surgery was done by a neurosurgeon who was part of a highly credentialed, spine and brain surgery practice, associated with several hospitals in a large city.

Choosing the right doctor is always important. But choosing a neurosurgeon can seem mind-boggling. I wish you the best.

Last edited by Boomer; 03-31-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Surgery is next Monday the 26th....Dr. left here due to too many NYers...or so he said
Old 03-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Surgery is next Monday the 26th....Dr. left here due to too many NYers...or so he said
Plantation is in South Florida near Fort Lauderdale. He moved from there to Fargo, N.D.? What a drastic climate and demographic change! Good luck, hope all goes well.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I had lower back pain off and on for a few years, but mostly when I had to stand for more than a few minutes and was prescribed Flexeril, which is a muscle relaxer and works really well for backs. Then last year the Flexeril no longer worked and I had terrible back pain whenever I had to walk for more than 5 minutes. The mall, the grocery store, anywhere I went I was looking for a chair. My doctor sent me for an MRI at Lake Imaging and it indicated I had DDD (degenerative disc disease) in my L-1 thru L-5, lower back. He said, I surprised you didn't have this constant pain long before now.

The last time I saw my doctor was in November and he said you're probably a good candidate for fusion surgery. I can refer you to a back surgeon in Ocala. I said let me try some other methods and if that doesn't work, I'll be back.

I started with a chiropractor first, after 3 weeks and $1500 later I felt no different so I discontinued that approach. I called my doctor and asked if I could use an inversion table and he said, yes. I purchased a Teeter inversion table at Dick's Sporting Goods, they were on sale for Christmas for $250. The chiropractor had told me an inversion table would not help my back, but then again he said his machines and adjustments would fix me and they didn't.

Now my back has been feeling absolutely normal since February. At the gym where I haven't been on the treadmill since October, I'm now walking 60 minutes without pain. Playing golf without a problem. I'm at the grocery store and don't even care where the chairs are. Here's a Teeter Inversion Table like the one I have.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
surgery, doctor, good, stenosis, spinal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.