Dr. Helene Ta, Lake Quality Dental

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Default Dr. Helene Ta, Lake Quality Dental

Does anyone have experience with Dr. Ta or Lake Quality Dental? She's one of only 2 that take my BC-BS insurance. (The other - Lady Lake Dental - Dr. Johary was very unsatisfactory.) She has more than one office, so I'm wondering if there are other unnamed dentists working for her. If she isn't recommended, I think I'll go somewhere else and forget about my insurance. It doesn't cover much anyway.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Since April 2009 View Post
Does anyone have experience with Dr. Ta or Lake Quality Dental? She's one of only 2 that take my BC-BS insurance. (The other - Lady Lake Dental - Dr. Johary was very unsatisfactory.) She has more than one office, so I'm wondering if there are other unnamed dentists working for her. If she isn't recommended, I think I'll go somewhere else and forget about my insurance. It doesn't cover much anyway.
She has at least one other dentist working with her from the materials she gave me. This is a DDS named Roger Bryant.

She pulled a tooth of mine a few weeks ago. The tooth extraction and verbal and/or DVD instructions following it were OK. Got a call that same day checking in with how I was doing. Nothing after that first call though.

The patient-dentist relationship could have been better as the informational materials she gave me were for post tooth extraction are poor in comparison with some of the stuff you can find on the Internet provided by other dentists.

Cannot really say more about a recommendation given that this was my first contact with Dr. Ta.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Default DR. Ta

I think she is one of the best dentists i have ever been to. I recently replaced 8 crowns on my front teeth and got estimates from at least 5 dentists in the villages. You wouldn't believe the snow jobs I got from the other dentists. Her work is impecible and her prices are right in the middle. I never give rcommendations but believe me she is the best..............
Old 02-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Thanks. I'll try Dr. Ta.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Smile

Quote:
Thanks. I'll try Dr. Ta.
Please let me know how you like her as I am looking for a decent dentist and she is on my plan. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 AM

another for Dr. Ta
Old 03-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Couldn't resist this...

Would that be a "Ta-Da" then for Dr. Ta???
Old 09-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Thumbs down Avoid Lake Quality Dental

Quote:
Let's just say after about $1200 and 5 PERMANENT CROWNS , much pain and discomfort over 6 months I had to have my tooth extracted as I initially wanted! She argued the crown was fine but it bothered my A LOT. It turns out the tooth was infected (thank you very much for that, Dr TA!) I thought she should have offered a refund. I asked and she has ignored my request. AVOID!!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Default Do not use this dentist

DO NOT USE THIS DENTIST
I have a 4 tooth upper front teeth temporary partial. I am in the process of getting implants.
On Friday at lunch, I broke off 3 of the teeth. Being Friday, many dentist offices are closed including mine. So I stopped in at LAKE QUALITY DENTAL AT THE VILLAGES located at 1503 Buenos Aires Blvd. Building 125.
I met with Dr. Phuong D Ta. I told her what happened and asked if she could repair it. She told me I could super glue it myself, or she could do it. Not feeling comfortable with me doing super glue I asked that she do it. She told me to return in 45 minutes..
When I returned I was presented with a bill for $285.00. $225.00 for the repair and $60.00 for the consultation ( this lasted 2-3 minutes - no exam, no x-ray - just handing her the broken partial.
Needless to say I was quite taken back with the size of the bill - and protested the amount. Finally, the Dr. took off $60.00 for the exam leaving me no choice but to pay the $225.00. (she kept insisting she used some special oven to make the repair)
On Sunday evening, the 3 teeth broke off again. On Monday morning I went to a different dentist with whom I have a future appointment. (I have never been to this dentist before) I showed my problem to the tech in the office - she said she could do a temporary fix on this for me. She also glued it back together. When I asked how much, she said absolutely no charge for something like that.
Now here is the dishonest part of LAKE QUALITY DENTAL. In today's Daily Sun (February 27, 2012) on page D5 of the lifestyle section is an ad for LAKE QUALITY DENTAL which advertises new patient EMERGENCY EXAM for $20.00. This includes exam, x-ray and consultation. This is a far cry from the $60.00 she tried to charge me.
THEREFORE, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE NOT DOING BUSINESS WITH LAKE QUALITY DENTAL AT THE VILLAGES.
There are so many good dentists in The Villages, why do business with such a dishonest, arrogant and incompetent dentist.

Last edited by BKZ1234; 03-16-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: I did receive a refund after sending this post to them, along with a letter requesting a partial of full refund. Another dentist totally rebuilt the partial plus lined it and charged me only $60.00.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Default I have a question...

Has anyone used Dr. Fisher at Sumter Landing Dental? And if so, your opinion please? I have a reason for asking and am wondering if anyone else out there may have experienced what I experienced? I don't like to critize on a public forum so for now, will only say I am not a happy camper.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageSitter View Post
Has anyone used Dr. Fisher at Sumter Landing Dental? And if so, your opinion please? I have a reason for asking and am wondering if anyone else out there may have experienced what I experienced? I don't like to critize on a public forum so for now, will only say I am not a happy camper.
Beginning to have second thoughts also????
Old 04-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Thumbs down Beware!

I'm in the process of obtaining a lawyer due to Lake Quality Dental billing for services that weren't provided. ($12,833.00 worth) Beware of Helene Ta, DDS!!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Eternal Member

I have been going to Dr. Edwards at Marion Dental for years. He is awesome. Actually everyone in the office is very nice.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Default Dr. Kim, Bright Smile Dentistry --

I have had excellent treatment and affordable prices at Dr. Thomas Kim's offices in Leesburg.

Don Kobes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennMieles View Post
I'm in the process of obtaining a lawyer due to Lake Quality Dental billing for services that weren't provided. ($12,833.00 worth) Beware of Helene Ta, DDS!!
WOW ! That's awful. Hope everything can get straightened out !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.