Dr. Hunt - Cataract Surgeon

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Default Dr. Hunt - Cataract Surgeon

I was wondering if anyone had cataract surgery by Dr. Seaborn Hunt from the Lange Inst. If so, what was your impression of him? Thanks..
Old 09-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

my wife had Dr. Hunt do her eyes 6 years ago. He is very patient focused. Is easy to talk with and very accessible post surgery.
All went as planned with no difficulties post surgery.

I will mention that I just had mine done a year ago January by Dr, Ireland at St. Lukes Surgery Center in Lake Sumter Landing. In my book, she has no competition. She is top shelf in every category one would rate a personal physician. Their new surgical facility is second to none. And every single person that works there is 100% focused on the needs and care of the patient.

St. Lukes is more conveniently located than Dr. Hunt (used to be his surgery center was just South of Ocala)......

Good luck
Old 09-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy327 View Post
I was wondering if anyone had cataract surgery by Dr. Seaborn Hunt from the Lange Inst. If so, what was your impression of him? Thanks..
Dr. Hunt did both of my eyes in August. I had multifocal lens implants and surgery to correct astigmatisim. Both surgeries were painless and I had no complications. My left eye vision is perfect but the right is not as good. It may improve over time. Dr. Hunt was informative at the initial visit. After that I was turned over to his assistant, Tammy. He arrived at my bedside at Santa Fe Surgery center wearing surgical clothing and mask. Checked my chart and that's the last I remember seeing him. Same both times. The process at the surgery center is friendly and caring but it is definitely an assembly line operation. After my surgery I saw Dr. McClinton each time for follow up. I think Dr. Hunt is very skilled but if you are looking for a relationship, it wont't happen. His staff does make up for the lack of time he spends with you.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:23 PM

Thank you for your comments. At least I have an idea now what to expect.

Last edited by Sage327; 09-29-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Dr. Hunt did both of my eyes in August. I had multifocal lens implants and surgery to correct astigmatisim. Both surgeries were painless and I had no complications. My left eye vision is perfect but the right is not as good. It may improve over time. Dr. Hunt was informative at the initial visit. After that I was turned over to his assistant, Tammy. He arrived at my bedside at Santa Fe Surgery center wearing surgical clothing and mask. Checked my chart and that's the last I remember seeing him. Same both times. The process at the surgery center is friendly and caring but it is definitely an assembly line operation. After my surgery I saw Dr. McClinton each time for follow up. I think Dr. Hunt is very skilled but if you are looking for a relationship, it wont't happen. His staff does make up for the lack of time he spends with you.
I sent you a PM
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.