Dr. Joseph Seabrook

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Default Dr. Joseph Seabrook

Dr. Seabrook is in the process of losing his dental license in the state of Florida. Several counts had been filed against him and the Florida Board of Dentistry is recommending that his license be revoked.

You may view the minutes of the September 17, 2010. google Florida Board of Dentistry and click on the minutes.

The minutes also review the probable license revocation of Dr. Spivey.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Default Spivey may get his license back

Hello, to anybody who has has a "crooked" experience with "Dr." Ben Spivey, he is going in front of the board again on October 28th. HE MAY GET HIS LICENSE BACK!! For anybody who has a problem with this, please contact the Florida Board of Dentistry immediately.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Holy cow. What did these guys do???
Old 09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Gold member
Default me too

I wanna know, too?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:44 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Dr. Seabrook and his cases have been mentioned in The Daily Sun on more than one occasion. Medically, the Florida Board of Medical Quality Assurance (MQA) suspended his license for shoddy record keeping, unnecessary work, and cheating patients. In one case noted in his MQA file, he charged a patient for a crown on a tooth that had been extracted some years previously. They also fined/charged his over $12,000 for the investigation that led to his license suspension. All this is available online on the MQA site. As to Dr. Spivey, I only heard rumors but have not read any of the complaint material on file at MQA against him so I am not sure what his problems were.

The online site for MQA and checking out discipline reports against dentists is:
http://doh.state.fl.us/mqa/enforceme...e_reports.html.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Veteran member

Dr. Spivey was written up in The Daily Sun...perhaps a year ago so you may be able to go into their archives. As I recall, he too was double billing, doing treatments that weren't truly indicated and more. He used to have an office in Colony (by his name) and perhaps one other location in T.V. I would agree that if you've been treated by either of these men to contact the powers that be.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.