Any idea whats going on with Dr Ballingit practice ?

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Veteran member
Default Any idea whats going on with Dr Ballingit practice ?

I've been referred to Dr. Ballingit for a Sleep and pulmonary study which I completed but when I went for the results appointment they weren't open and the person behind the desk told me their computer was down and there were no appointments that day. Ok, I Gave them my name and after about 5 days I haven't heard back from them. I tried to call them today and there is no answer just a forward to a generic answering machine. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Hoping I didn't waste an overnight doing the sleep study and the time for the pulmonary study but it sure doesn't look good.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I'm a new patient at Dr Ballingits practice..Not for long
Glad i'm not the only one..His office staff is a product of today's society rather be on cell phone texting drama rather than taking care of patients
Like your interrupting their day
During recent evaluation my test was in conflict with a staff member constantly checking text.Office staff is part of the not me movement
Even the Dr had his cell phone out checking messages when I returned to explain the results of my test
Old 11-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Wife has been going there for some time. agree 100% on the Office Staff really not in the office mode. Had a billing issue had to call 3 separate times to get to finally talk to someone in billing. They're not my favorite think they're more interested in their Cell phones and the CoPay then anything else. Been looking for a replacement !
Old 11-09-2018, 03:00 PM

I had the same problem with a follow up appointment on Sept. 29. They called me that morning to cancel due to the system outage. They said that they would call back to reschedule, but never did. I finally called them back a week later to reschedule and ended up with an appointment the next day.

I have been a patient there for a little over a year and they seem to have a high staff turnover in the office and nursing staff. I’m not sure about the sleep techs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2018, 05:40 PM
Veteran member

Saw him one time, and won't go back. The office lost my check for co-pay and couldn't find it for 3 months. Returning to the practice of Dr. Ortiz who only sees patients now in his Leesburg office.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

That's terrible about Dr. Balingit! Is his office incapable of keeping a manual calendar? A computer outage that goes on for days is also concerning. Goodness. I stopped going because he and I never really clicked, but that would definitely have put me off.

I wonder if doctors and dentists fully realize how much their staff can affect patient satisfaction? I've left practices solely because of inept staff. Even if I like the doctor, it's not worth navigating the snotty indifference, errors and turnover.

Maybe I've just had bad luck but it's been a bigger problem here than anywhere else I've lived.

That said, I'll call out dentist Dr. Jaber's and endodontist Dr. Ghazel's staff as excellent!
Old 11-09-2018, 08:00 PM

Not thrilled with him either. Had an appt and completely overbooked waited well over an hour and finally left. Said they would call me to reschedule and they never did and very unprofessional.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Similar situation for me. They called me and moved up my appointment one day from 4 PM to 3 PM and when I arrived there were 11 other people waiting. Got in to see the Dr at 5 PM sharp. They never follow thru with any changes or orders for new equipment.

At my delayed visit when my turn came up more people had come in and the place was packed & the girl behind the counter was speaking abnormally loud to tell me I owed them money. I asked for what and could they produce a bill or did they mail one to me and I swear she said we don't mail out bills. I'm thinking what am I The Amazing Kreskin? She even got louder, uncharacteristically I sat down quietly and explained everything to the Doctor who I found to be excellent. His nighttime Sleep Study staff is top drawer A #1. The daytime staff is horrendous.

I put the entire story together and notified UHC just to have it on record and then moved to Dr. Diaz in Leesburg which is fine with me as long as they just treat me good.

I think I'm not certain that the Ballingit team is a made up of a lot of family members and everyone wants to be the Chief, not enough Indians. What a clown operation I feel bad for the OP. Try Dr. Diaz, I've only been there twice but the future looks good to me.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Sage

One other thing. They refused to forward my records to my new Doctor so I had to go to the office and I politely refused to speak with the person who gave me a hard time. The Doctor came out and said why the racket? It was his employee who was loud and smelled like a walking Marlboro in a Pulmonary Dr's office. I was still cool at this point but was told until the bill was paid in full they would not forward my info to the new Dr. I called UHC and they straightened it out and my records were in Leesburg in an hour.

I am paying them in dribs and drabs just to be as bad as they were but there were no Jersey words flung from my mouth. This could have been NUCKY on the front page. Who Hoo! They are not worth it.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Veteran member

I asked for my records and they told me that they would be $1 per page. That seems so petty and they ARE my records. Anyway it cost me $14. I never went back. I always had to wait a long time there.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
I asked for my records and they told me that they would be $1 per page. That seems so petty and they ARE my records. Anyway it cost me $14. I never went back. I always had to wait a long time there.
Big Guy, if it goes straight from one Doctor to the next Doctor electronically is no charge. If you walk out of their office with the report in hand then it's the custom to be charged. In this instance, paying may not have been a bad idea. Thankfully you got your records.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-21-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I agree his office staff doesn't understand customer service.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Sage

Some great Doctors are not Great Managers. Like I said I think the world of Dr. Balingit and even think more highly of him now for this save on John W.

It's funny how now that I'm not a loyal customer anymore I'm getting billed each month on exactly the same day. Is it possible that someone reported what has been written on TOTV'S and things just changed from Zero to a Ten from the office & billing staff? I wish the Doctor and his Beautiful Family nothing but the best. It was not a problem that couldn't be fixed, it just needed a little management.

You shouldn't need a Pulmonologist when you get off the phone or on an office visit with your Pulmonologist. Can you dig it?
Old 01-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Is everyone referring to Dr. Sergio Balingit on Hwy 441 in the tan buildings across from TV Hospital and looks like this? He's been my pulmonary doctor since 2015 and have never encountered any of the problems mentioned.

The Villages Florida

Just this year alone, when I had my annual chest cat-scan from the VA in April they didn't find anything of concern. Two weeks later I had a cat-scan for Dr. Balingit which he orders every six months since I have COPD, which he diagnosed three years ago. He found some things he didn't like, and ordered a head to toe pet-scan and then referred me to an ioconologist at Florida Cancer Center. They diagnosed me with non-hodgkins lymphoma and removed three bumps under my left armpit. If I had only relied on the VA for my health care, I would probably be dead now. I appreciate everything Dr. Balingit has done for me.
Same here. I found the doctor to be very kind, empathetic and caring. He did my biopsies, etc. The staff has something to be desired for sure, tho. I'm sorry for him. He is a nice man, I believe, being taken advantage of. Someone needs to get in there and run that office for him.
Closed Thread

Tags
study, pulmonary, idea, ballingit, sleep

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.