Medicare Supplemental for Colorado Resident

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2019, 12:56 PM
Default Medicare Supplemental for Colorado Resident

Our primary residence is and will remain Colorado through mid 2020.

Officially retiring next month, we will spend our first full winter at our Village home. In preparation for our change in healthcare insurance needs I've been researching supplemental plans for a while.

We currently have employer provided Highmark BC/BS. We've had it for many years. Now our supplemental consultant is recommending we purchase a BC/BS supplemental.

I would appreciate comments from other Coloradans as well as other out of staters who have chosen a BC/BS supplemental and spend their winters in Florida.

Thank you!
Old 09-20-2019, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
Our primary residence is and will remain Colorado through mid 2020.
Officially retiring next month, we will spend our first full winter at our Village home. In preparation for our change in healthcare insurance needs I've been researching supplemental plans for a while.
We currently have employer provided Highmark BC/BS. We've had it for many years. Now our supplemental consultant is recommending we purchase a BC/BS supplemental.
I would appreciate comments from other Coloradans as well as other out of staters who have chosen a BC/BS supplemental and spend their winters in Florida.
Thank you!
After reading your message, I have questions to ask so that I can give you a meaningful answer.

Instead of doing that, I'm going to give you the best possible advice.

When you get here, schedule an appointment with a SHINE advisor. You will receive unbiased advice based on your current situation (age, current insurance, etc.). You will be asked the important questions which will make the advice applicable to YOU.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

As long as you are keeping Colorado as your principal residence why are you not just using medicare plus what ever supplement you have there.
It will cover you during your time in FL (as well as anywhere else).

You must be considering non standard medicare advantage plans and concerns for out of area coverage?.?.?
Old 09-20-2019, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,245 Posts

I agree with above, when I retired from PA, I had BC/BS and had no trouble getting medical treatments/appointments as needed, for 18 months. I also agree with the comment about SHINE, you can go to the website and talk to them by phone before you get here also: SHINE - Home

Hope this helps.

Tags
supplemental, bc/bs, spend, colorado, consultant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.