DUPUYTREN’s CONTRACTURE

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Default DUPUYTREN’s CONTRACTURE

I am wondering if anyone has used Xiaflex to treat Dupuytren’s Contracture of the hand, and who the dr. was that you saw. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Interesting question since I was first diagnosed with Dupes in 2002. Underwent NA in 2002 and then in 2013. Neither surgeon mentioned Xiaflex, but then things can change fast.

There are a couple forums you can google that may have answers regarding Xiaflex.

When they injected my nodules I believe it was with cortisone, and not pleasant at all.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you'd like to talk -- in a way we're distant cousins since most all Dupe's patients claim some sort of Northern European ancestry.

Mark
Old 10-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm3279 View Post
I am wondering if anyone has used Xiaflex to treat Dupuytren’s Contracture of the hand, and who the dr. was that you saw. Thanks.
I had it and it worked great for me. Went in for a 10 minute appointment on a Tuesday to have the injection, back on Thursday to another 10min appointment for the doctor to pop the contracture and I was good to go. I did have to go to therapy afterwards to loosen up my finger from being bent for a long time.

I went to Cythia Harding. It took 3 months to get an appointment (with a referral) but was worth it.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:51 PM

I just had the Xiaflex yesterday, going back for final tweak tomorrow. My finger which was bent 90 degrees is almost straight already. Dr Chin SIMED. Very very happy. It's not cortisone, it's about $3K per dose, I had two doses. My out of pocket was only $1500. There were 8 needle pricks on my two cords. Uncomfortable but not terrible. Go for it
Old 10-03-2018, 08:22 PM
Location: Detroit area, Da UP, 6 states and 2 countries in 21 years Army, now Duneden

I also used Dr Chen and Xiphlex. I am glad I did it, but don't think it is a few needle pricks. It hurt like hell. Felt she was sticking the needle in the bone, but it was only about 10 minutes. My hand/finger is great now and was only down from golf for a week. I will need to go in for the other hand probably next year. My only suggestion is when you go for the needle, grab a baggie full of ice from the house and keep it in your hand all the way to the office. it will mold to your hand vice the ice block they give you.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:23 PM

I had the procedure done about 4 years ago at Dr Hardings office.

It was a little painful they snapped the cord. At the time the Doctor said it could grow back --They were correct it has returned and I will go through the process again in the near future
Old 10-19-2018, 11:48 AM

There are helpful forum discussions including about Xiaflex. Just google International Dupuytren Society.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:06 PM

I had the Needle Aponeurotomy done several years ago at the Hand Institute down in Juniper, FL. It was painless and has not recurred as of yet.

Tags
dupuytren’s, contracture, hand, treat, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.