Electromagnetic Pulse Therapy

Electromagnetic Pulse Therapy

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 04-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I spent about an hour or so on the fda.gov website, and could not find any statement or document where the FDA has approved the PEMF device. If you type in "PEMF approval" in their search data field, you get a 2013 warning letter to Curatronic Ltd. telling them that they have violated the law by improperly marketing the device. They do say in the letter that the PEMF device is "cleared" (not approved) for:

1. Stroke rehabilitation by muscle re-education
2. Prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy
3. Increasing local blood circulation
4. Muscle re-education
5. Maintaining or increasing range of motion
The only places you'll see that it's "approved" for use by the FDA, is from alt-med sites that promote all kinds of crazy things like drinking bleach along with 500-calorie-per-day starvation diets to lose weight, and daily enemas and monthly high-colonics to improve "gut health." That, and the websites of companies that actually sell the devices themselves.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:17 AM
Platinum member

I would encourage people who are interested in reading updates on evolving medical treatments to use google scholar as their search option. Enter in this situation PEMF and double blind pain and check the date of publication box so only more recent material is presented

Google Scholar

Your challenge will be to separate the good data from those published in journals which accept any material including those produced by the manufacturers. But it is a start. Testimonials are not considered as useful in seriously evaluating benefit .. post hoc ergo propter hoc
I was a stranger and you WELCOMED ME : Matt 25:35, real Christianity
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2019, 01:30 PM

Off topic, but thanks, Blueash, for letting us know about "Google Scholar"; I hadn't heard of it before.

Tags
issues, pain, electromagnetic, hear, therapy