End of Life Options

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Are "Do Not Treat" orders legal in any State (not to be confused with "Do Not Resuscitate")?
For most patients do not treat will suffer horrific pain and suffering. At age of 12 I had to watch my grandmother die of pancreatic cancer in the mid 60’s. A horrifying event that still haunts me.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,177 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Thanks for all the responses. Looks like medical power of attorney is my best bet. I assume that can be one of my children. I would not put my wife in that position.
IMO, you might want to discuss that with your spouse. If she doesn't want to have to be your representative in end of life issues, fine, pick a child. But if she does want to have that role and you bypass her you may be setting up real conflict between your child and your wife as you lay dying and afterward. Especially if your child is not her child. Better to try to have your wife understand your wishes and even if reluctantly, agree to follow them. Letting go can be the final act of love and compassion.

Tags
life, it’s, coward, call, end

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.