ER at The Villages Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2017, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Today they had a big story about volunteers at The Villages Hospital doing everything from scrubbing operating rooms to delivering meals. Yet, I read that people go into the ER and sometimes get charged $1500 for taking their pulse and temperature. Isn't this hospital a commercial enterprise? Why should people work for free so that people who own and operate the hospital can make more money? When I had a business I would of liked to have volunteers come and do work for free. I can understand volunteering for charity, but this is not a charity, it's a big business.

The Villages Florida
And I definitely would not want a volunteer scrubbing the operating room! No quality control there.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:55 AM
Default Villages Hospital ER

Several months ago, I visited the ER for an episode of epigastric pain radiating to my jaw and ear..was triaged and EKG and cardiac enzymes and chest xray done in 30 mins..then sent to sit in waiting room for 8 more hrs..had B/P and pulse taken 4 hrs later and asked several times why not seen by DR..pain resolved after 2 hrs and asked if Dr could just read test results and discharge me..waited from 11 pm until 7 am in waiting room with sick, coughing patients also waiting..told they were busy and no rooms available..all filled wih patients waiting to be admitted to hospital. saw Dr in conference room and told tests need repeated 3 hrs after first tests to compare results...had already been 8 hrs at that point..tests repeated and again negative, and discharge 9 hrs after checking in..I will never return to this hospital.
NO reason for a Dr to have not seen results and discharged me in a timely manner..they have this terrible reputation for a reason!
Old 07-31-2017, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Several months ago, I visited the ER for an episode of epigastric pain radiating to my jaw and ear..was triaged and EKG and cardiac enzymes and chest xray done in 30 mins..then sent to sit in waiting room for 8 more hrs..had B/P and pulse taken 4 hrs later and asked several times why not seen by DR..pain resolved after 2 hrs and asked if Dr could just read test results and discharge me..waited from 11 pm until 7 am in waiting room with sick, coughing patients also waiting..told they were busy and no rooms available..all filled wih patients waiting to be admitted to hospital. saw Dr in conference room and told tests need repeated 3 hrs after first tests to compare results...had already been 8 hrs at that point..tests repeated and again negative, and discharge 9 hrs after checking in..I will never return to this hospital.
NO reason for a Dr to have not seen results and discharged me in a timely manner..they have this terrible reputation for a reason!
Typical ER protocol would be CK-MB (cardiac enzymes) and an EKG on arrival, then repeated in 1 hour and 6 hours. So you were going to be stuck there 6+ hours anyway. However, it doesn't sound like they were on top of that protocol. The other problem sounds like no one explained what to expect in terms of repeat tests and the time frame. That type of lack of communication just p!$$e$ people off.

Best advice---if you have chest pain with radiation to your jaw again and don't want TVRH, I wouldn't go any further than Leesburg. If you're having a MI (heart attack), time is critical, so I wouldn't screw around with Tampa, Orlando, or Gainesville. Even the time to Ocala could create a problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, hospital, hours, waiting, residents

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.