Excellent care at walk in clinic

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2022, 11:20 AM
Default Excellent care at walk in clinic

After visiting UF Health emergency room on Rt44 with minimal clinical resolution and unable to get a quick appointment with my PCP, I checked credentials and visited the office of Dr. Muhammad at American Urgent Care and Walk in Clinics on Rt466a west of Powell Rd. He gave me additional medications and sent me home. Two days later again without much clinical improvement I returned to American. Dr. Muhammad examined me again and found my oxygen level to be low and recommended I take an ambulance ride to the hospital. Since I had my car outside I said I would drive. Reluctantly, he took a canister of oxygen, placed it in my car fitted the mask and told me to go directly to the hospital and not go home. I spent the next 4 days at The Villages UF Hospital recovering from viral pneumonia. Dr. Muhammad went above and beyond what I have experienced with other internists. Not only is there a walk-in no appointment required policy but the subsequent appointment was no charge. The concern I felt from Dr. Muhammad and his staff was palpable. I will certainly use him again if necessary!
Old 11-07-2022, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARBAR View Post
After visiting UF Health emergency room on Rt44 with minimal clinical resolution and unable to get a quick appointment with my PCP, I checked credentials and visited the office of Dr. Muhammad at American Urgent Care and Walk in Clinics on Rt466a west of Powell Rd. He gave me additional medications and sent me home. Two days later again without much clinical improvement I returned to American. Dr. Muhammad examined me again and found my oxygen level to be low and recommended I take an ambulance ride to the hospital. Since I had my car outside I said I would drive. Reluctantly, he took a canister of oxygen, placed it in my car fitted the mask and told me to go directly to the hospital and not go home. I spent the next 4 days at The Villages UF Hospital recovering from viral pneumonia. Dr. Muhammad went above and beyond what I have experienced with other internists. Not only is there a walk-in no appointment required policy but the subsequent appointment was no charge. The concern I felt from Dr. Muhammad and his staff was palpable. I will certainly use him again if necessary!
Thank you for sharing your positive experience. I'm so glad that you had a good outcome!
Old 11-08-2022, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

Good to hear!
Old 11-09-2022, 07:09 AM

Good to know. Do you always see a doctor there? Many Urgent care clinics you only see a Nurse Practitioner.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:30 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Urgent care

Wife and I went there yesterday. We did a NP, but were in and out quickly. Both of us Tested positive for coved, received Rx's. Staff was friend, efficient, Will use them again.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:54 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I've had to take my wife there 2 times and she was treated politely and professionally. Their diagnosis and treatment, both times, was spot on.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:05 AM
KittyKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARBAR View Post
Did you return the oxygen canister?
Old 12-01-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Did you return the oxygen canister?
Absolutely!
Closed Thread

Tags
muhammad, appointment, hospital, car, walk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.