Excellent experience with The Villages Ear in Brownwood (Traverse Trail)

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2020, 02:12 PM
Default Excellent experience with The Villages Ear in Brownwood (Traverse Trail)

I am now the proud owner of hearing aids! It was time... I had 55% loss in one ear; 41% loss in the other. Angelo Darby at the Brownwood location did the hearing test and then explained it all to my satisfaction. He fitted me with a set of hearing aids, computer adjusted to 80% correction. He explained that if you walk out with 100% correction, it will seem so LOUD, you will likely return them. So, we start with 80%. I just went back for my 7-day check and now have them set to 90%. I LOVE them!

I definitely recommend this company, at this location.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy619 View Post
I am now the proud owner of hearing aids! It was time... I had 55% loss in one ear; 41% loss in the other. Angelo Darby at the Brownwood location did the hearing test and then explained it all to my satisfaction. He fitted me with a set of hearing aids, computer adjusted to 80% correction. He explained that if you walk out with 100% correction, it will seem so LOUD, you will likely return them. So, we start with 80%. I just went back for my 7-day check and now have them set to 90%. I LOVE them!

I definitely recommend this company, at this location.
The Sourthern Trace location provides that personal touch as well.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:44 AM

Thank you, Cindy. Glad you had a great experience! As you mentioned, setting Target Gain to 100% for those patients new to instrumentation is not a good idea. Working your way there in a "stairstep" approach ensures comfortability, audibility, and clarity from the beginning. See you soon for your next appointment! - Angelo

Last edited by A and A; 02-01-2020 at 06:46 AM. Reason: small addition
Old 02-01-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I didn't want to go to someone who wasn't a licensed audiologist. I also was very skeptical going to any hearing aid "store" or location because many, many try to up sell you and hearing aids are not cheap. The skill to fit them to the hearing loss is a real one too.

That said, I cannot say enough about Dan at The Village Ear just next to the Publix shopping Plaza on 466 near the High School.

Dan has great skill and he did an excellent job fitting me with "hearers" to allay my now 50% hearing loss. He must have called me back 12 times (at no charge) until he was satisfied with the adjustments. We also said we had a stipend for a certain brand negotiated by the company insurance and he used that brand. (It is a reputable one) and reduced the cost to us.

Tags
hearing, brownwood, loss, aids, set

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.