Opinions needed on two Dr. with United Health

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2019, 04:22 PM
Default Opinions needed on two Dr. with United Health

Can anyone give me information on Dr. Lori Wemlinger with United Health ,at Santa Barbara health center. Also Dr. Christopher Pead
Thanks
Old 10-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Welcome To Santa Barbara Care Center - The Villages Health
Old 10-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Sage

First, both are with The Villages Health. UnitedHealthcare is a health insurance company.

Second, according to The Villages Health website, Dr. Wemlinger is not accepting new patients. Dr. Pead is taking new patients.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:45 AM
Sage

My other half sees Dr. Pead....I see his Nurse Practioner (great person) and neither of us have complaints.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

I have seen Dr. Pead for the last 7 years and am very satisfied. His staff and Nurse Practitioner are very good as well. He listens to you, and he has a good sense of humor (at least one I appreciate!)
Old 10-12-2019, 01:05 PM

Thanks for the input. Yesterday l l went to Santa Barbara office, and spoke to someone in charge. Dr. Lori Wemlinger did make a exception and accepted me as a new pt. I will try her, it does not work l then can switch.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:46 PM
Veteran member

It would be ideal to find a doctor that accepts Medicare and United Health Care (Plan F). We had been with The Villages Health Care but we weren't healthy enough and got THE letter. We ended up with a doctor that neither of us like so we are looking again. The system here is crazy with little to no communication between doctors. The medical situation is the one thing that would have kept us from moving here. After living with it for 11 years, if we had known, we wouldn't have come here. I have had 4 internists since we moved here. I am not a doctor shopper but I won't tolerate mistakes by the staff or doctor nor will I tolerate being scolded like a child.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
It would be ideal to find a doctor that accepts Medicare and United Health Care (Plan F). We had been with The Villages Health Care but we weren't healthy enough and got THE letter. We ended up with a doctor that neither of us like so we are looking again. The system here is crazy with little to no communication between doctors. The medical situation is the one thing that would have kept us from moving here. After living with it for 11 years, if we had known, we wouldn't have come here. I have had 4 internists since we moved here. I am not a doctor shopper but I won't tolerate mistakes by the staff or doctor nor will I tolerate being scolded like a child.
I don't think you "got the letter" because "you weren't healthy enough". The Villages Health Care is available to people who have Blue Cross or United Health Care insurance only.

Our company insurance switched from Aetna to United Health Care about a year ago and we were able to use The Villages Health care system. I would be extremely sad if our insurance changed away from it. It is a wonderful thing, The Villages Health Care. The staff from receptionists to doctors are warm and smart and well trained.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:50 AM

Dr. Pead was my doctor at one time. I would not go back.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

I agree that our time at the Villages Health Care was very good and we both liked Dr. Reilly at the Lake Sumter Location. Unfortunately, they no longer accepted our United Health Care Provider and we were forced to fine another primary physician. We do not pay for our United Health Care so there was no way we were going to change insurers. We were lucky to get Dr. Gegaj with the
Florida Heart and Vascular Health Group at Santa Barbara. I also use a cardiologist, Dr. Hurt with the same group, and he is great. They even have their own health care clinic for quick care.
Closed Thread

Tags
health, united, barbara, santa, at

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.