FDA authorized booster shots for the Moderna and J& J vaccines

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2021, 07:01 AM
Default Moderna Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Glad it's finally approved, we got our Moderna boosters 6 weeks ago! Just walked into Publix and asked for it.
I was at Publix (Everglades)
yesterday and they said they weren't doing Moderna boosters yet.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:10 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Experimental?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Has been "authorized" for some time now.....just like the first two shots were "authorized.

"Approval" just another box to check in the governmental process.

We got our third shot of Moderna at Publix. Filled out the paperwork and answered questions asked....we sailed through, no doubt, being 85.
If all these shots are so safe, why aren't they APPROVED? I'll bet the answer is buried in politics. I wish they just tell the truth!
Old 10-22-2021, 07:13 AM

I have had Covid and am not vaccinated. I’m doing my own study. Every 2 months I get my antibody test that shows the actual number and level of my antibodies, not the rapid one that only gives you a “yes or a no”. Just had my 4th test and my level is still up there strong. I only know of one vaccinated Friend that gets the same test. He got a blood clot in his lungs so they also keep track of his blood thickness. His level is .87 and mine is still 1.32. That means I still have way more than my fully vaccinated Frirnd. Will be interesting to see his levels if allowed to get the booster (due to the clot he had last time). I’m curious if anyone else knows their level? Also curious, I’ve read that the test may not be accurate, but if it’s not accurate, then what sources are they using to determine the “percentages” they use? Thank you for any responses and test results
Old 10-22-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The Moderna booster was only allowed for people with certain medical conditions. According to Publix, they would only give the booster to people who claimed to have a qualifying condition. But, I think they will start to give the booster to everyone over 65 very soon, since it is now approved.
I got my Moderna booster 6 weeks ago at Publix just because I was over 65.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:53 AM

Fight! Fight! Fight! Thanks for the entertainment!
Old 10-22-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmama18 View Post
I was at Publix (Everglades)
yesterday and they said they weren't doing Moderna boosters yet.
We got our Moderna full-strength boosters at Publix on August 19. No questions asked, nothing required except Medicare card and proof of vaccinations we received in February & March.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Glad it's finally approved, we got our Moderna boosters 6 weeks ago! Just walked into Publix and asked for it.
Did you get the full dose as the original Moderna two shots or the half dose which is the approved dose for the booster? .
Old 10-22-2021, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Did you get the full dose as the original Moderna two shots or the half dose which is the approved dose for the booster? .
We got ours at Publix about the same time.
The #3 was the full dose (like 1&2).
Old 10-22-2021, 11:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
I got my Moderna booster 6 weeks ago at Publix just because I was over 65.
I'm over 65 but not immunocompromised. That is why I have waited for my booster. I have an appointment November 1st with my PCP for the Moderna booster .
Old 10-22-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We got ours at Publix about the same time.
The #3 was the full dose (like 1&2).
OK. Thanks for responding.
Old 10-22-2021, 04:12 PM

Immunity is protection, not imperviousness..
Old 10-22-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Politifact? Why not cite some actual science instead of a hacktastic and biased "fact checker"

Claiming an "expert consensus" that survivor immunity will wane is not supported by actual data. Covid 19 has been ravaging the world for 18 months, and so far actual data shows reinfections to be very rare, less than 1%. On the other hand, we know from a CDC study and several states that breakthrough cases among the fully vaccinated during delta surge are running at 25% of total cases.

Nobody, including the Israelis, is advising people to go out and catch covid so they will have superior immunity. At this time, younger and healthy covid survivors have no reason to get vaccinated. If we start seeing tons of reinfections as a result of waning survivor immunity then it would be wise for all survivors to get vaxxed. Vaccine mandates are ridiculous at this point since we know that vaccines wane, fully vaccinated people can catch and spread the disease, and thus, even if you are fully vaccinated and are on a plane with 100% vaccinated individuals, you can still catch covid. This is why the FDA has rapidly approved booster shots.

At this point, if I was a covid survivor over 65 I would definitely get a shot just to be safer. But we don't currently have a problem with survivors being reinfected, we have a problem with unvaccinated and fully vaccinated still catching covid.

A few examples:

Breakthrough cases in Massachusetts are making up about 35% of the state’s overall cases. People who are unvaccinated are at a higher risk for infection and a severe case.

Massachusetts coronavirus breakthrough cases rise 3,919 last week, down from the previous week – Sentinel and Enterprise

HARRISBURG, Pa. – More than a quarter of those hospitalized with Covid-19 are vaccinated “breakthrough” infections, according to a report issued today by the state Department of Health (DOH).

DOH: Breakthrough hospitalizations spike & will climb, but vaccine still “highly effective” – Harrisburg100

(Reuters) - Some 25% of SARS-CoV-2 infections among Los Angeles County residents occurred in fully vaccinated residents from May through July 25, a period that includes the impact of the highly transmissible Delta variant, U.S. officials reported on Tuesday.

U.S. data show rising 'breakthrough' infections among fully vaccinated

COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising In North, Falling In South, And The Media Is Silent | The Daily Wire
Old 10-22-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Politifact? Why not cite some actual science instead of a hacktastic and biased "fact checker"

Claiming an "expert consensus" that survivor immunity will wane is not supported by actual data. Covid 19 has been ravaging the world for 18 months, and so far actual data shows reinfections to be very rare, less than 1%. On the other hand, we know from a CDC study and several states that breakthrough cases among the fully vaccinated during delta surge are running at 25% of total cases.

Nobody, including the Israelis, is advising people to go out and catch covid so they will have superior immunity. At this time, younger and healthy covid survivors have no reason to get vaccinated. If we start seeing tons of reinfections as a result of waning survivor immunity then it would be wise for all survivors to get vaxxed. Vaccine mandates are ridiculous at this point since we know that vaccines wane, fully vaccinated people can catch and spread the disease, and thus, even if you are fully vaccinated and are on a plane with 100% vaccinated individuals, you can still catch covid. This is why the FDA has rapidly approved booster shots.

At this point, if I was a covid survivor over 65 I would definitely get a shot just to be safer. But we don't currently have a problem with survivors being reinfected, we have a problem with unvaccinated and fully vaccinated still catching covid.

A few examples:

Breakthrough cases in Massachusetts are making up about 35% of the state’s overall cases. People who are unvaccinated are at a higher risk for infection and a severe case.

Massachusetts coronavirus breakthrough cases rise 3,919 last week, down from the previous week – Sentinel and Enterprise

HARRISBURG, Pa. – More than a quarter of those hospitalized with Covid-19 are vaccinated “breakthrough” infections, according to a report issued today by the state Department of Health (DOH).

DOH: Breakthrough hospitalizations spike & will climb, but vaccine still “highly effective” – Harrisburg100

(Reuters) - Some 25% of SARS-CoV-2 infections among Los Angeles County residents occurred in fully vaccinated residents from May through July 25, a period that includes the impact of the highly transmissible Delta variant, U.S. officials reported on Tuesday.

U.S. data show rising 'breakthrough' infections among fully vaccinated

COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising In North, Falling In South, And The Media Is Silent | The Daily Wire
Old 10-22-2021, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

I was in Publix Southern Trace this morning as well as Walmart.
Both pharmacy seating areas and nearby aisle were crowded with folks waiting to get their shots.
Closed Thread

Tags
booster, fda, people, ages, authorized

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.