FDA wins against stem cell "clinic"

FDA wins against stem cell "clinic"

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-17-2019, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'm not understanding why it's significant that the school offers 3-year PhD programs. She already had her Masters degree. The 8+ years includes the first 4 years for a B.S., then the MS, then the PhD. The PhD part of the process is typically 3-4 years.

The fact that it's an offshore virtual college seems more significant. I just don't think the time it took to get ANY PhD following her already-existing Masters in cellular engineering, should be used as a "see, that's proof right there" argument. Poor journalism, in other words.
Chemical Engineering degrees are generally pretty demanding and getting a Masters from Ohio State is impressive. It appears that she started a PhD program at Florida International but did not finish there for some reason? What should be a bigger concern for prospective patients is the fact she is treating patients without a medical degree. The FDA has been working to regulate stem cell clinics for some time and it would certainly seem that US Stem Cell gave them ample opportunity to do so.

I would absolutely agree that cellular therapy holds a lot of promise in a variety of disease states but I would never advocate treatment that was not clinically proven or at least part of a legitmate clinical study.

Tags
stem, fda, cell, company, chief