Orthopedic Doctor

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Veteran member
Default Orthopedic Doctor

Has anyone used any of these doctors, Dr. Duke, Dr. Ollivierre or Dr. Nguyen for hip replacement surgery?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:10 PM

My hubby used Dr. Duke for his knee and he is thrilled. Very professionally run practice with oodles of history in the community.
The only thing I took issue with was not seeing Dr Duke upon completion of the surgery. As the spouse, I needed more than a nurse on the phone with some little bits of information. For all of the $$ paid, one expects at least that bit of courtesy. I expect this as a matter of course.
But, he did great stuff for my husband and that is what counts I suppose.
Great results and Ron was and is motivated to do the her knee this coming spring. that way he will be out for the summer. We hope it works out that way.
At the end of the day, I would use Dr. Duke for a knee or shoulder. (Bite my tongue.)
Good luck.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
Has anyone used any of these doctors, Dr. Duke, Dr. Ollivierre or Dr. Nguyen for hip replacement surgery?
Dr.Duke did my husband's hip replacement this past May. He did an excellent job. BUT, as the other poster mentioned, he does the surgery and you never, ever see him again, only his assistant. I have been told that you only see Dr.Duke again if you have a problem post surgery. If you want more information pm me.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I had Dr Duke for knee meniscus surgery. Never saw him after the surgery and I WAS having a problem. I could not return to playing racquet sports such as tennis and pickelball...... I was comparing what happened with this knee to my other knee that had similar surgery by another dr up north . I know that each procedure is different and I did see Courtney the PA a number of times and was even specifically scheduled to see Duke on one visit...never did!!

YES DR Duke has a great reputation for total knee replacement and a very good success rate but his follow up procedures have a lot to be desired.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Sage

Not seeing the surgeon after a total knee replacement is a common thing, apparently, as they are very busy. I always ONLY saw one of the PAs after my knee was done until the two-year anniversary of the replacement, then Dr. Zann himself examined me for the final followup. I almost fainted from the shock. He only did knee and hip replacements, 4 or 5 a day, four days a week. Mine took 40 minutes, according to my husband.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
This is a link to a surgeon who has been highly recommended to me HOME. He now has an office in TV and you could maybe just check him out before you make a decision.

My doctor will not recommend Dr.Duke due to his lack of after surgery care. I understand that Dr. Messieh, in the link above, is very different and an excellent surgeon - I have not personally needed his help YET.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.