Flu shot

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2018, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz2911 View Post
Does it matter where I should get my flu shot. Any place better
If you are right handed your left arm would probably be the best place.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonalChoice View Post
My doctor recommended this book so I could make an informed decision on whether to vaccinate or not due to family history of autoimmune disease. http://www.immunitionltd.com/dlbin/T...LDRENebook.pdf
It appears the author of this book(Vaccination is not immunization by Tim O'Shea) is a Chiropractor with degrees in Nutrition and Psychology.

Am I correct?
Old 12-28-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It appears the author of this book(Vaccination is not immunization by Tim O'Shea) is a Chiropractor with degrees in Nutrition and Psychology.

Am I correct?
I can't answer whether he has degrees in either the field of nutrition or psychology. I looked at his research results which led me down the rabbit hole of the safety and efficacy of vaccinations, particularly as it pertains to people with autoimmune diseases, like Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I can't answer whether he has degrees in either the field of nutrition or psychology. I looked at his research results which led me down the rabbit hole of the safety and efficacy of vaccinations, particularly as it pertains to people with autoimmune diseases, like Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Your body, your decision.

My body, my decision.

Worried about children whose parents do not want them vaccinated against some pretty dangerous childhood diseases. I feel those parents are misled. There was a time that it was rumored that vaccination may cause Autism but that rumor seems to safely be laid to rest.

We have a poster on this forum whose job all of his life was pediatrician. I know for a fact he has a very good reputation. I hope he will weigh in.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-28-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I got the flu shot and a week later I got sick. I think vaccinating against known illnesses like shingles and pneumonia are fine. I think trying to vaccinate against the flu is like trying to pin down jello since they so often miss the mark. It is only semi effective.
You were already infected. It takes 2 weeks from point of contact to symptoms. You were already infected with the flu a week before you got the vaccine. Your illness would likely have been much worse than it was, had you not been vaccinated at all. That is one of the benefits of the vaccine: reduced symptoms if you do get sick.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:55 PM
Sage

Also, there are some people who should NOT get the vaccine. Certain risk factors rule out the possibility, such as allergies to egg or gelatin. If you have or have had Guillain-Barré Syndrome, you shouldn't get the vaccine. If you're already symptomatic, you should wait til you're feeling better, to get vaccinated (whether that's waiting a couple of weeks, or waiting a year; depends on the window of time in which you have the flu, compared to the flu season).

Other than that, it's generally regarded as safe for anyone over 6 months of age.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:18 AM

No vaccine is without risk. Here is a link for the Health Resources and Services Administration Data and Statistics showing that over $4.0 billion has been paid out over the life of the vaccine injury compensation program. https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/f...ember-2018.pdf
Old 12-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

One should not over think the risks/warning for flu shots any more than they do their myriad of meds they take with significantly more and more serious side effects!.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:11 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
One should not over think the risks/warning for flu shots any more than they do their myriad of meds they take with significantly more and more serious side effects!.
So true. The decision has to be if the benefit outweighs the risk. Even walking out your door in the morning is not without risk.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
No vaccine is without risk. Here is a link for the Health Resources and Services Administration Data and Statistics showing that over $4.0 billion has been paid out over the life of the vaccine injury compensation program. https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/f...ember-2018.pdf
That fund doesn't require that you prove it was the vaccine that caused the illness. Might want to learn how that program actually works, before concluding that it means something that it doesn't mean
Old 12-29-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
That fund doesn't require that you prove it was the vaccine that caused the illness. Might want to learn how that program actually works, before concluding that it means something that it doesn't mean
Quite the contrary. It's up to the victim or his/her survivors to prove that the vaccine caused the adverse side effects. Please keep in mind that the government-sponsored vaccine injury court does not award payouts for people missing work or school. The payouts are for death or life-altering side effects.

The pharmaceutical companies and physicians have been given immunity from possible vaccine-related damages since 1986:

"The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (NCVIA) of 1986 (42 U.S.C. §§ 300aa-1 to 300aa-34) was signed into law by President Ronald Reagan as part of a larger health bill on Nov 14, 1996, in the United States, to reduce the potential financial liability of vaccine makers due to vaccine injury claims."
Closed Thread

Tags
flu, shot, place, matter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.