Dentist in Villages who Uses Nitris.

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2018, 08:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Dentist in Villages who Uses Nitris.

Yeah I admit I am a baby and not a fan of dentists. Even cleaning is a bummer for me. I would like to know if anyone has found or is using a dentist that uses Nitris? I use Smiles Dentistry in Mt. Dora right now but wanted to see if anything is closer.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

I do not know of any dentists using Nitrous, we use Baylee Dental, Baylee Plaza, 441 just south of 42, 352-307-3006, and are very satisfied.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to paminix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
Yeah I admit I am a baby and not a fan of dentists. Even cleaning is a bummer for me. I would like to know if anyone has found or is using a dentist that uses Nitris? I use Smiles Dentistry in Mt. Dora right now but wanted to see if anything is closer.

Thanks
Just found Kevin Lopez at Lifetime Dentistry on 441. I am terrified of dentists and he and his staff are wonderful. Tell them you need nitrous. I had an emergency, they got me in that day. Good luck, and it will be okay!
Old 07-11-2018, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Talking Funny...but true.

When I was about 20, I had my 'wisdom' (and it's been downhill ever since )...teeth removed.

In my nervousness and deep trepidation, I made it very clear numerous times to my new dentist...that I wanted to be "knocked out" for the procedure.

He didn't say anything and me having no idea what a dentist could/couldn't do (no surgeries up to that point) and my soon to be exposed naiveté...he went about his business.

After giving me a mask and telling me to take long, deep breaths, he asks.."do you feel anything?"

I responded honestly and said..."no."

So he and the assistant changed filters...and tried again.

After numerous more deep breaths, he asked again... "do you feel anything?"

And once again, I said "no."

I also added..."I don't feel sleepy in the least."

With some consternation, he then replied..."it's just laughing gas, it doesn't put you to sleep."

After it dawned on me that the nitrous was just to make me feel good, I looked up at him (with a grin I'm sure ) and said, "in that case...I'm probably ready."

He was my and my children's awesome dentist for the next 20+ years...and we even laughed occasionally about that first visit.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post

Thanks
Do a quick Google search of sedation dentists near me. You will find at least a half dozen in and around The Villages who offer sedation to their patients.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

I go to serenity dentistry spa in Spanish springs on del mar dr. They have the gas if you need it. I have used it.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:36 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

A few years back a dentist in Albuquerque, NM rented a self storage unit and set up a dental chair and nitrous oxide equipment in it. He used to go there, pull the door down and get high on it. One day he did not come out and they found him dead in the chair. Apparently some medical professionals who have easy access to large amounts of N2O tend to use it recreationally.

N2O is not as safe as some may be led to believe, especially for the elderly and children. Cognitive problems or peripheral neuropathy anyone? Dental Nitrous Oxide Could be more hazardous than you think!

https://www.side-effects-site.com/ni...e-effects.html

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 07-11-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
dentist, nitris, found, smiles, closer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.