Fully vaccinated seniors are 94 percent less likely to be hospitalized

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Is that why fully vaccinated people are still being urged to wear masks?
That's my question!!! It's also why I don't wear a mask.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

This is referred to as the "breakthrough rate". The last number I saw as 0.008% of those fully vaccinated. I have not seen any numbers by age groups. The number of actual deaths is a much smaller number.

Regarding any distorted COVID-19 numbers, just look at excess deaths on the CDC website. This is the number of people who died, regardless of the cause, in excess of what would be normally expected. This number reflects people who died either directly or indirectly from COVID-19. The number is over 500K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I heard that there were 5,814 people who tested positive for COVID-19 after they were vaccinated. That was 85 million people vaccinated. They also said that the COVID-19 cases were not severe. If that’s not fake news, then the vaccination is 99.99% effective, and 0.01% not effective.

If it’s not being done now, it should be done, when the numbers of infections are reported, and the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths are reported, on a daily basis, how many tested positive, hospitalized, and died that were vaccinated, and not vaccinated. That would give you that information on a daily basis, and would probably encourage more people to get vaccinated.

The numbers are already distorted because they count the COVID-19 deaths “from COVID-19” or “with COVID-19”. “With COVID-19” means that you died from something else, but happened to test positive for COVID-19, and are counted as a COVID-19 death. There was a prominent example of that in Minnesota, where an vehicle accident occurred. The person was thrown from the vehicle, probably not wearing a seat belt. That person died from the vehicle accident. But that person happened to be COVID-19 positive, and was counted as another COVID-19 death! The COVID-19 deaths should only be counted if they are “from COVID-19”, not counted as COVID-19 deaths if they are “with COVID-19”.

Last edited by tuccillo; 04-30-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Is that why fully vaccinated people are still being urged to wear masks?
We still are urged to wear masks by the health professionals to prevent and decrease the spread of the virus, especially in enclosed surroundings. Wearing a mask helps with the overall health of our community.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T186021 View Post
We still are urged to wear masks by the health professionals to prevent and decrease the spread of the virus, especially in enclosed surroundings. Wearing a mask helps with the overall health of our community.
Hmm, a civil coherent reply on TOTV? You need to check with your doctor immediately, you are obviously not well!
Old 04-30-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T186021 View Post
I have participated in the clinical study and now I’m done with the masks and believe in the science of the risk which is almost nil. Done!
Old 04-30-2021, 02:48 PM

Glad everyone received the vaccinated that wanted it. People will make up their own mind to get vaccinated or not. You should not believe everything you read, especially from the Washington Post.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The refusenicks will turn it around and say "only 6% of unvaccinated seniors are likely to need hospitalization, so it's not enough of a problem for anyone to be worried about."

Of course - once one of them is shifted into that 6% minority, I'm sure they'll just blame it on the failed ACA and government conspiracies - rather than acknowledging that they rejected science.
If those that do not get the vaccination are called "refusenicks" does that mean the rest of us that got the shots are LEMMINGS for going along with the crowd?
Hmm, I guess those that are medical professionals and decline the vaccination are also "rejecting science?" Seems to me that "science" is all encompassing and one decision based on a difference of changing facts is hardly rejecting science.

Perhaps labeling those that you do not agree with might not be the best way to convince them of the advantages of what you feel is right decision and in their best interest.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The refusenicks will turn it around and say "only 6% of unvaccinated seniors are likely to need hospitalization, so it's not enough of a problem for anyone to be worried about."

Of course - once one of them is shifted into that 6% minority, I'm sure they'll just blame it on the failed ACA and government conspiracies - rather than acknowledging that they rejected science.
If you are 50-64 the chances of being hospitalized with Covid are 266.3 in 100,000. If you are 65-74, it’s 361.5 in 100,000...
Closed Thread

Tags
seniors, vaccinated, percent, fully, vaccines

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.