Gallbladder or not

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Platinum member

I had my gallbladder removed in 2010. The only pain I had was if I had turkey gravy. Took time to figure that out. My cousin's reacted to ice cream. I only had it removed because an ultrasound showed many stones and 2 had escaped. One was at the opening to my pancreas (came back from pathology as precancerous) and the other was at the opening to my liver. The surgery was day surgery, in at 7am home at 2pm. Very small incision and very easy recovery, no pain.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Platinum member

Dreamer 61 - sorry to hear about your pain!
I went through the same thing (in my 40's) and at one
point thought I was having a heart attack.
If it turns out to be your gallbladder HAVE IT OUT!
Problem is once the gallbladder acts up is fatty foods
give you an attack but also things like salad can.
I did have lots of gallstones and was a blessing to get
it out.
Laproscopic surgery and back running around 6 days
later.
Good luck!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:22 PM

Listen to your doctor.....

Had pain like someone was stabbing me in the back. They put me in the hospital and thought it was my heart. My mom told them to check my gallbladder and she was right. I had it out like patfla06 and was up and around in no time.

If the doctor decides it is your gallbladder - then get it out. Could be big trouble if a stone gets stuck in the wrong spot. Better safe than sorry...
Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Platinum member

These symptoms also profile like a pancreas problem. Demand that your doctor tell you why you cannot get a CT scan to eliminate this potentially lethal problem. Good luck, God bless!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:12 PM

I have assisted in taking many stones out that were lodged in the common bile duct. The patient came in with jaundice, pain, complicated with pancreatitis etc. Go by the advice of your physician, not heresay.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer61 View Post
Has anyone had experience with gallbladder issues? For several months I've been getting nauseous for no reason for days at a time. Went to the doc, he put me on nexuim. Then sharp pains in upper right side of my abdomen so I had an ultra sound which looked fine they said. Starting feeling better for a couple of weeks but two days ago I developed a constant pain in the upper middle area of my abdomen so now my doc wants me to have another gallbladder test which includes some kind of dye. I just want to feel better. Our LSV is coming up soon and I don't want to be sick! This has been going on for months. Does this sound like gallbladder behavior? Just thought I would ask here because you good folks seem to know a whole lot!! Seriously! Thanks for your replies!
Sounds exactly like what happened to my husband. He had the test you are talking about. Hidascan. Showed no activity from his gallbladder. Dr Han took it out about 5 weeks ago and he is doing great. Take the test, dont be afraid.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 PM

I had my hida scan and my ejection rate is only 16%. It should be 35% or better! I'm still waiting on the doctor to call me with his conclusion. We are scheduled to leave here on next Thursday the 4th for our LSV. I've read there's a medicine you can take to help the GB until surgery which I plan to ask my doctor about when he calls so that we can keep our plans to come and visit. Wish me luck!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:38 PM

@ dreamer61: I highly recommend the testing. I had identical symptoms for several months and had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago. MD said it was a chronic problem. I have felt great since surgery; only wish I had scheduled surgery earlier!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

I had all the same symptoms plus belching. After 3 1/2 years I had an ultrasound which showed sludge not stones. My GB was removed and it all stopped. Thank the Lord.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

I also had the OLD Gall Bladder Surgery forty years ago. I had 12 gall stones. My symptoms before surgery were pain in my right side, especially when I ate foods, such as sausage, bacon, raw onions, anything spicy. And , yes, at times I would get nauseous. It was a couple of years before I could eat these foods, even after surgery.

Good Luck with everything!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.