Good experience in ER

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Default Good experience in ER

I've read other posts on here about long waits in the ER at TV hospital, so I just wanted to share the experience we had on Memorial Day. DH hurt his foot/ankle so I took him to get it looked at. I dropped him at the door and went to park the car, expecting to join him in the waiting room and wondering if we'd be sitting there for awhile. I parked right across from the entry and by the time I crossed the driveway and walked in, they had already taken him in. We had to wait for x-rays, but it wasn't bad -- and the staff was helpful and professional and even the food in the cafeteria was good!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 PM

Now that is GOOD news!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Sage
Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

My experience was not so smooth. I went to the ER on April 2 with rectal bleeding and abdominal pain. I waited in the waiting room for 2 hours and was cold the whole time, borrowing a blanket to cover up with. The triage nurse was very curt and abrasive. Once I got in the room, the doctor took an hour or more to get to me, but was helpful. I had xrays and a cat scan, and after that waited for another hour or more when a second physician showed up. He too was generally helpful, though rather redundant. After reading the photos, he said he would release me, but did not come back, and I got dressed and went to the desk and told them he was going to release me. After another 1/2 hour they brought the paperwork in and I was free to go. Went in at about 1 PM got out at about 10:00 PM. Medicare and my supplement paid more than $10,000 for the experience.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.