Green Light Laser

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Default Green Light Laser

Has anyone had the Green Light laser procedure for reduction of enlarged prostate. If so, what was outcome and any things to be aware of.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,611 Times in 722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
Has anyone had the Green Light laser procedure for reduction of enlarged prostate. If so, what was outcome and any things to be aware of.
I never heard of it before. Found this very informative piece (of which there are many):

Prostate laser surgery Definition - Tests and Procedures - Mayo Clinic
Old 04-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Default green light

I had the procedure last October. I'm told it was very successful. The main concern was that my bladder was putting too much pressure on my prostate. If untreated, my bladder would wear out, and I would have to use a catheter for the rest of my life.
I do have a very strong stream right now, but I'm still urinating a little more frequently than I would like to. Even though, it's better than it was before.
I did have to refrain from activities for 2-3 weeks, because of blood in the urine ( which is normal), but everything is good now.
I'm hoping that within a few months I won't have to pee as much.
My surgeon was Dr. Thompson with Urology Health Team.
I hope that helps.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandy dan View Post
I had the procedure last October. I'm told it was very successful. The main concern was that my bladder was putting too much pressure on my prostate. If untreated, my bladder would wear out, and I would have to use a catheter for the rest of my life.
I do have a very strong stream right now, but I'm still urinating a little more frequently than I would like to. Even though, it's better than it was before.
I did have to refrain from activities for 2-3 weeks, because of blood in the urine ( which is normal), but everything is good now.
I'm hoping that within a few months I won't have to pee as much.
My surgeon was Dr. Thompson with Urology Health Team.
I hope that helps.
Thank you for being willing to provide us that information. I am sure it will be helpful to many people!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.