Greeters

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts
Default Greeters

Heard today the the greeters at Colony and Mulberry Care Centers have been released. I also learned they were paid positions. Cut backs already? Not sure if they were essential but they were a differentiater and demonstrated some consistency between care centers. Looks to me like each care center is a profit center and the system may not be a system at all.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

Darn, the way my job is going I was hoping to get one of those.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Darn, the way my job is going I was hoping to get one of those.
You'll have to rely on Walmart, Cisco.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Heard today the the greeters at Colony and Mulberry Care Centers have been released. I also learned they were paid positions. Cut backs already? Not sure if they were essential but they were a differentiater and demonstrated some consistency between care centers. Looks to me like each care center is a profit center and the system may not be a system at all.
I wonder about this. When we have our monthly parties at Colony they fill the ice and water, set up the rooms, help remove tables after eating, mop up spills, take out the garbage, plus other duties like keeping watch over the place, checking ID's. How could they eliminate a job such as these?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You'll have to rely on Walmart, Cisco.

Or Sam's - even better.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Gold member

I have been to Mulberry six times since the 6th of Jan, and there has not been a greeter there for any visit. Zero impact since all they did was direct you to the counter which is right there where they greeted you. Maybe the new director saw the same value in the greeters that I did.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I wonder about this. When we have our monthly parties at Colony they fill the ice and water, set up the rooms, help remove tables after eating, mop up spills, take out the garbage, plus other duties like keeping watch over the place, checking ID's. How could they eliminate a job such as these?
I thought OP was talking about care centers, not rec centers.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

I don't think the greeters at the Care Centers are needed. A few more steps to the registration desk, I don't need someone to tell me where to go.........when I can see the desk.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
They can't and didn't.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
You really didn't understand that they are a business and thus a profit center? Why would any establish any kind of business if they didn't intend to make a profit?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
You really didn't understand that they are a business and thus a profit center? Why would any establish any kind of business if they didn't intend to make a profit?
Always knew they were a profit center, but it was presented as a system, not individual care centers. For instance, the Hershey Medical System has multiple stand alone care centers, but each mirrors the other so when you go to different center the experience is the same. I'm not saying the greeters were necessary, only that in business, when you promote one model then let the individual franchises, stores etc go their own direction you can lose control as a corporation.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-27-2015, 08:32 PM

I worked as a greeter last summer while I was waiting for my dental hygienist license in Florida to be processed. The purpose was not to show you where the desk was but to provide a friendly representative for The Villages. Upon entering and seeing a Villages lobby host, as you do at any of the sales centers, you are reminded that the care centers are part of The Villages. I for one will miss them.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuauLinda View Post
I worked as a greeter last summer while I was waiting for my dental hygienist license in Florida to be processed. The purpose was not to show you where the desk was but to provide a friendly representative for The Villages. Upon entering and seeing a Villages lobby host, as you do at any of the sales centers, you are reminded that the care centers are part of The Villages. I for one will miss them.
I absolutely agree....seems to be a lot of cold hearted, bottom line people here in The Villages!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.