Harvard's Food Pyramid - For Those Interested in Nutrition

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Dunno

It was discussed on the Today show yesterday.

Edited...I couldn't find it Freeda. I could have been dreaming, but I swear I heard it. bkcunningham will find it for us if it exists.

The nutritionist discussing it made exceptions to vitamin D and calcium as needed supplements.

I noted it because I personally feel that way. Although the people who sell supplements will say that our food is contaminated or unable to supply adequate nutrition. Both sides will say "Follow the money" about the other side. I say that today people don't feed themselves properly because it takes a little more work and probably a little more money to do so.

Sorry to not be able to substantiate what I said about what I thought I heard on the Today show yesterday.
I was enrolled in the "Colorado Weigh" program last year, need to re-enroll! She stressed that many supplements aren't necessary IF you are eating a well balanced diet ROUTINELY unless you are unable to metabolize them naturally. And to consider how they are made as many have colors, starches and sugars added (read the label).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.