Has anybody using the site sumterfl.saferestart.net received an appointment?

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieburr View Post
My husband and I signed up on the 11th and got a confirmation that our request for an appointment has been received. We have not received an appointment date. Yet I check every day and I see that some people get an appointment right away or within a day or two. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this whole procedure.
I also signed up on the 11th and hadn't received the appointment email. Finally on the 14th I sent an email to the contact on their website. Within hours I received the code for an appointment. Could be a coincidence, but I think not. I'm hearing that the people who signed up on Monday, the 11th, got caught up in a computer glitch.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:52 PM
Thumbs down HUGE screw up today!

My friend and I both signed up a week ago. She got a testing date within 48 hours for today 1/15 and I am still waiting. Drove over early for scheduled 4:30 testing appt today and were told they "RAN OUT OF VACCINE"!!!! HOW IN THE HELL do you run out when you have x number of doses and x number of people scheduled!
Old 01-16-2021, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Why is the US vaccinating non citizens when our own citizens can not get appointments for the vaccine?
Old 01-16-2021, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodie View Post
My friend and I both signed up a week ago. She got a testing date within 48 hours for today 1/15 and I am still waiting. Drove over early for scheduled 4:30 testing appt today and were told they "RAN OUT OF VACCINE"!!!! HOW IN THE HELL do you run out when you have x number of doses and x number of people scheduled!
Not to confuse the issue but you referred to "testing" a couple of times in your post.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Received an email today telling us that they are out of vaccine and will contact us if or when they receive more.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The SafeRestart website is the site you need to use. Click on Step 2 and enter the code. My code was a combination of six numbers and letters and I was given this code via a text message.

Safe Restart
Do you know what the 5 digit (no letters) code is that arrived via phone? It does not work in the STEP 2. I'm not sure what to do with it.

Last edited by Village_daughter; 02-12-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village_daughter View Post
Do you know what the 5 digit (no letters) code is that arrived via phone? It does not work in the STEP 2. I'm not sure what to do with it.
My memory may be faulty on this but have you done Step 1 where you fill out form with person's name, address, D.O.B., insurance, etc.?
You can put in zeroes for social security number and check "no" for insurance if you wish. After you submit that you should receive a code with six digits, a combo of numbers and letters inviting you to schedule the appt. You need that code to schedule the appt. by clicking on Step 2. Keep that code, either print it out or keep it on your phone, that is your ticket to be admitted at the site.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
My memory may be faulty on this but have you done Step 1 where you fill out form with person's name, address, D.O.B., insurance, etc.?
You can put in zeroes for social security number and check "no" for insurance if you wish. After you submit that you should receive a code with six digits, a combo of numbers and letters inviting you to schedule the appt. You need that code to schedule the appt. by clicking on Step 2. Keep that code, either print it out or keep it on your phone, that is your ticket to be admitted at the site.
Thank you! I am actually trying to help my dad who lives in The Villages. He tells me that a lady at the library registered him with GMR. I will have to assume that she did this step.

One more question if you don't mind....my dad tells me that shortly after the lady registered him he received an email from GMR but he accidentally deleted it. I am hoping that it was just a confirmation of registration and not an actual appt. Do you (or anyone reading this) remember if the first email from GMR was just a registration confirmation? I've tried to help him navigate to his deleted mail with no luck. I am across the country, unfortunately. Thank you in advance!
Old 02-12-2021, 05:29 PM

My dad registered with GMR but accidentally deleted an email he received from them soon after registration. I am hoping that it was a registration confirmation and not an appointment. Does anyone remember receiving a registration email? I tried to help him retrieve it but no luck (I am across the country so of limited tech support to him). Thanks much!
Old 02-12-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
My dad registered with GMR but accidentally deleted an email he received from them soon after registration. I am hoping that it was a registration confirmation and not an appointment. Does anyone remember receiving a registration email? I tried to help him retrieve it but no luck (I am across the country so of limited tech support to him). Thanks much!
After registering, I got an email with a 6 character code that needed to be used to get an appointment. I went back to their website and completed Step 2 by entering the code and getting an appointment. They then sent me a second email with the date and time of my appointment.

Hope this helps you.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Go to Post by Retired Guy (#161 above). Your dad probably got the first email and is waiting for the one with the 6-digit code to arrive.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Received confirmation email shortly after registering on Jan 11. Received both text and email with code to get an appt yesterday. SO your dad should be good and just needs to wait for the code.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

My post below from the GMR thread.....

FYI

Just got emails for wife and I (separate) from GMR.....dates and bar codes for tomorrow afternoon in hand.

The dates offered were 2/13, 2/16, 2/17 and 2/18.

We originally registered 1/11/2021 at 7:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not sure at this point. It's been a pretty long time since I went through the process. Sorry, I can't help.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
The only way for an appointment to be made is for the person to pick a date and time. GMR doesn't just designate and day and time for the first appointment. The second shot appointment is different however. That appointment is made for 28 days after the first shot unless that day falls on one of the site's CLOSED days. From what I understand, the GMR site is closed Sunday and Monday.

Tags
information, insurance, appointment, received, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.