Has anyone else noticed?

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2021, 08:21 AM
Default Cv dashboards

Keep in mind, each dashboard, much less the media, are all going to be different depending on their agenda and political ax to grind. Thanks been the problem with Covid and its reporting since the beginning.
Don't accept one feed. Educate yourself and don't be closed minded. Even the dirt tabloids at grocery checkouts have a hint of truth to them.
Me... I don't listen or read the news anymore...my blood pressure is much lower now.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
I do. I distinctly remember hearing Fauci say that even though you were fully vaccinated you could still carry the virus and shed it to others. Then he had to kinda walk it back because people started doubting the vaccines' effectiveness and questioning why should they bother with the vaccines if they could still get COVID. Same with wearing the masks - I'm sure if the CDC had its druthers it would have kept the mask mandate even for fully vaccinated people given their knowledge of the vaccines and that COVID was likely to mutate.

But a lot of this is a PR game and the end goal is to get as many people on board with the vaccinations as possible. Sometimes you have to wield the stick and the carrot - there was plenty of "stick" coming from all quarters last year so they wanted to reward those who had gotten the jabs.
You can only GET the virus and spread it to others, if someone else gives it to you. If the majority of people are vaccinated, there's no place for that virus to latch on and infect someone.

That's what herd immunity is all about. It doesn't mean no one gets sick (though that is of course the GOAL). It means the likelihood of the virus latching on and giving someone a week in the hospital is minimized. EVENTUALLY - if it's minimized enough, the virus ceases to exist because it has no host from which to feed.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You can only GET the virus and spread it to others, if someone else gives it to you. If the majority of people are vaccinated, there's no place for that virus to latch on and infect someone.

That's what herd immunity is all about. It doesn't mean no one gets sick (though that is of course the GOAL). It means the likelihood of the virus latching on and giving someone a week in the hospital is minimized. EVENTUALLY - if it's minimized enough, the virus ceases to exist because it has no host from which to feed.
Thank you. I think everyone should read that post 10 times then read it again. Then go get vaccinated if they haven't already done so

And to all those that have posted "it's experimental" or it "isn't FDA approved", I'll repeat what I've been posting for a month---that final FDA approval is merely a bureaucratic process. So today, on channel 9 news, for the first time, they reported that "Final FDA approval is merely a paper process mired down in bureaucratic red tape" So much for that excuse, I'll bet the anti-vaxxers who have been using that one now migrate to the "unknown long term effects" excuse.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:19 AM

The numbers are not at all surprising to me. Here's why:
a) Half the US population didn't get vaccinated.
b) When most don't - and time goes on - COVID-19 mutates to different strains - stronger and more transferable.
c) Given this now very strong new mutation - and people getting sick and even dieing- more people are getting vaccinated.
e) And hospitals are getting overrun - again - which is constantly in the news...
d) Although more are getting vaccinated - even Governor Desantis (despite his mask opinion) has encouraged vaccination.
e) THEREFORE: the correlation is NOT MEDICAL. It is MORE getting vaccinated - because they hear MORE getting sick - which means you would expect both to INCREASE at the same time.

Hope that helps.

PS: The FOX news challenge has been VERY INTERESTING. They didn't share with the viewers what THEY and the GOVENORS office shared are the ACCURATE numbers. Those are about 20% less than the numbers they are challenging. BUT EVEN IF FOX is right with the new numbers - CONGRATULATIONS - FLORIDA IS STILL NUMBER 1. (Laughed when I first calculated this - but - not really funny. From the people who brought you the BIG LIE - and their audience that still believes it - FAKE facts permeate 30% of our fellow neighbors.)
Old 08-12-2021, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

I agree if you are fully vaccinated, trash the masks and live your life , forget the constant fear mongering of the media . I have stopped watching local news constant stream of vaccines, yes or no , kids blab, blab , blab,hospitals overrun . Fact if you are vaxed you might get sick , you will not die if your immune system is weak you might require further treatment. Kids do not need the extreme measures some schools officials and scared parents think let be kids.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
I agree if you are fully vaccinated, trash the masks and live your life , forget the constant fear mongering of the media . I have stopped watching local news constant stream of vaccines, yes or no , kids blab, blab , blab,hospitals overrun . Fact if you are vaxed you might get sick , you will not die if your immune system is weak you might require further treatment. Kids do not need the extreme measures some schools officials and scared parents think let be kids.
What I love most about the local media, and this has now been 4 days running, is that a school board of 7 vote 6 to 1 to keep masks optional, they inevitably put the one dissenter on TV and give that person an audience. Not once have I seen them put a person who voted against mandatory masking on the segment.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
The numbers are not at all surprising to me. Here's why:
a) Half the US population didn't get vaccinated.
The above is true but you are forgetting that millions of Americans have natural immunity to the virus from previous exposure. As of May 29 of this year, the CDC estimates that number at 120 million.

Estimated COVID-19 Burden | CDC

Most Doctors agree previous exposure creates strong and lasting immunity. How long nobody knows but recent data from Israel shows that covid survivors have stronger immunity to Delta than the vaccinated.

Natural infection vs vaccination: Which gives more protection? - Israel National News

There are 50 million children under age of 12 in USA who currently cannot get vaccine.

So the number of people who aren't under 12, are not covid survivors, and are not vaccinated is much smaller than you might think.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

I don't know how much more everyone is expecting. Over half the population of Florida has had their vaccination. Children under 12 can't be expected to be vaccinated yet and those that already had covid have been told not to get the shots yet. That leaves a very small group, very small. Sumter Co. has the highest portion of vaccinated.
As you can see from the table, 85% of seniors over 65 have been vaccinated in Florida.
Yes, everyone should get vaccinated if they are able (IMO). Will everyone get vaccinated? No, that has never happened and won't ever happen. If stats are so important to folks and they insist on blaming other people for the spread then once the children are vaccinated, they are going to have to look elsewhere for someone to blame for the spread. The flu comes out every year and kills. And the flu also has long term medical effects, which a lot of folks overlook.
Take what precautions you deem sufficient or listen to your doctor and what he suggests and get on with your life. If you think that wearing a mask will save you, then wear your cute little mask. No one is banning the mask. If you believe that staying home will keep you from ill, then stay home. But, why in the world would you make anyone that does not agree with you into your enemy? No one is forcing you to associate or socialize with people you deem unsafe. No one is forcing you to shop in Publix or Walmart. You can have it delivered or put in your car when you pick up your order.
I am interested in the Stats. The stats are showing that we are winning against the virus. I consider a low death rate a win.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
The above is true but you are forgetting that millions of Americans have natural immunity to the virus from previous exposure. As of May 29 of this year, the CDC estimates that number at 120 million.

Estimated COVID-19 Burden | CDC

Most Doctors agree previous exposure creates strong and lasting immunity. How long nobody knows but recent data from Israel shows that covid survivors have stronger immunity to Delta than the vaccinated.

Natural infection vs vaccination: Which gives more protection? - Israel National News

There are 50 million children under age of 12 in USA who currently cannot get vaccine.

So the number of people who aren't under 12, are not covid survivors, and are not vaccinated is much smaller than you might think.

Keep repeating that, even if they are too hysterical to comprehend it. Mass media insists on pushing the negative instead of announcing the positive gain in the war against the virus.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

Not true. This is a coronavirus and they mutate naturally as we see with the common cold which there isn't a vaccine for. We will never eradicate this from our midst as it's already in animal reservoirs so it will always exist in nature and replicate. It's going to keep mutating despite our best efforts. Perhaps if they develop a sterilizing vaccine someday then it will be different. That will prevent people becoming infected or carrying the virus.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Not true. This is a coronavirus and they mutate naturally as we see with the common cold which there isn't a vaccine for. We will never eradicate this from our midst as it's already in animal reservoirs so it will always exist in nature and replicate. It's going to keep mutating despite our best efforts. Perhaps if they develop a sterilizing vaccine someday then it will be different. That will prevent people becoming infected or carrying the virus.
I'm not quite sure what point this post is trying to make. Yes, there will always be mutations, frequently animal reservoirs, and susceptible hosts. There will always be a new virus, not only coronaviruses, like influenza every year. Some will be benign, some will be deadly like HIV, Ebola, Hanta, and Lassa fever. We do not live in a sterile world, and if we did, some meteor or comet would come by and seed us with the Andromeda strain.

But for now, OBB is correct---the more immunity in "the herd", the less cases of COVID we will have.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'm not quite sure what point this post is trying to make. Yes, there will always be mutations, frequently animal reservoirs, and susceptible hosts. There will always be a new virus, not only coronaviruses, like influenza every year. Some will be benign, some will be deadly like HIV, Ebola, Hanta, and Lassa fever. We do not live in a sterile world, and if we did, some meteor or comet would come by and seed us with the Andromeda strain.

But for now, OBB is correct---the more immunity in "the herd", the less cases of COVID we will have.
Most scientists have said there can be no herd immunity now. Just from the way they did this thing with the lockdowns and quarantining healthy people and not allowing the virus to circulate throughout the community. Usually, herd immunity occurs when the population has acquired the virus through a sterilizing vaccine or exposure. We have to stop using that phrase because it's not achievable through the methods they've chosen to use. We agree that we will never eradicate the virus entirely and there will always be mutations. But perhaps disagree on preventative measures such as the best vaccine to use.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Most scientists have said there can be no herd immunity now. Just from the way they did this thing with the lockdowns and quarantining healthy people and not allowing the virus to circulate throughout the community. Usually, herd immunity occurs when the population has acquired the virus through a sterilizing vaccine or exposure. We have to stop using that phrase because it's not achievable through the methods they've chosen to use. We agree that we will never eradicate the virus entirely and there will always be mutations. But perhaps disagree on preventative measures such as the best vaccine to use.
Are you asking me or telling me????
Old 08-12-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Thank you. I think everyone should read that post 10 times then read it again. Then go get vaccinated if they haven't already done so

And to all those that have posted "it's experimental" or it "isn't FDA approved", I'll repeat what I've been posting for a month---that final FDA approval is merely a bureaucratic process. So today, on channel 9 news, for the first time, they reported that "Final FDA approval is merely a paper process mired down in bureaucratic red tape" So much for that excuse, I'll bet the anti-vaxxers who have been using that one now migrate to the "unknown long term effects" excuse.
Let me say at the outset that I'm fully vaccinated (since Feb). If a booster becomes available and is approved, I'll take it.

That said, I'm still not clear on this "if most people get vaccinated, there won't be any hosts for the virus to feed on" (paraphrasing the person you quoted) mantra. It's become obvious that vaccinated people can become infected from the virus, with the proviso that the symptoms of said infection are markedly less severe than in unvaccinated people.

What's not clear to me is whether vaccinated people who are infected can still pass along the virus to other vaccinated people. IF they can - and it does seem possible they can - where is this notion that the virus will ultimately disappear coming from?

Why do I ask and why do I care? Simple - I don't think people are going to wear masks and socially distance forever. At some point - and that point has to come in the not too distant future - some expert has to say the coast is clear. What "clear" actually means is another question. To me, it will mean that we are collectively at a stage where we're going to take our chances. Life must go on, outside of the bubble.
Old 08-12-2021, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I don't know how much more everyone is expecting. Over half the population of Florida has had their vaccination. Children under 12 can't be expected to be vaccinated yet and those that already had covid have been told not to get the shots yet. That leaves a very small group, very small. Sumter Co. has the highest portion of vaccinated.
As you can see from the table, 85% of seniors over 65 have been vaccinated in Florida.
Yes, everyone should get vaccinated if they are able (IMO). Will everyone get vaccinated? No, that has never happened and won't ever happen. If stats are so important to folks and they insist on blaming other people for the spread then once the children are vaccinated, they are going to have to look elsewhere for someone to blame for the spread. The flu comes out every year and kills. And the flu also has long term medical effects, which a lot of folks overlook.
Take what precautions you deem sufficient or listen to your doctor and what he suggests and get on with your life. If you think that wearing a mask will save you, then wear your cute little mask. No one is banning the mask. If you believe that staying home will keep you from ill, then stay home. But, why in the world would you make anyone that does not agree with you into your enemy? No one is forcing you to associate or socialize with people you deem unsafe. No one is forcing you to shop in Publix or Walmart. You can have it delivered or put in your car when you pick up your order.
I am interested in the Stats. The stats are showing that we are winning against the virus. I consider a low death rate a win.
Just short of 500 dead yesterday and more than that today. If that is what you consider a win …

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
infection, interesting, chart, counties, cases

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.