Have these people ever heard of sunscreen?

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default Have these people ever heard of sunscreen?

12 Most Extreme Cases of Tanorexia - Oddee.com

Some of these pictures remind me of beef jerky left out to bake in the sun.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
12 Most Extreme Cases of Tanorexia - Oddee.com

Some of these pictures remind me of beef jerky left out to bake in the sun.
Your link didn't work for me. But I have a comment anyway. A friend of mine and her tennis partner would play a lot of tennis for hours at a time in the hot sun. My friend never uses sun screen and I doubt that her friend ever used it either. I gave my friend a warning about skin cancer but it didn't do any good because they both love the sun and tennis. Within a year of my giving a warning, my friend's friend was diagnosed with skin cancer. It was on her face and she had to have an operation to get it removed. Not sure how bad it was.

My friend still doesn't use sun screen and likes to be out in the sun as often as possible. I think, for some people, it can become an addiction.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

I may have misunderstood, but most of the people shown on your link were using a spray-on tan. While I agree they looked ghastly, they at least aren't going to die from skin cancer. (Well, maybe there are carcinogens in the dye, but that's another story.)

I believe the first woman was not using sun blocker, poor thing.

Personally, I am of Scottish descent and my skin is what my dear husband loves to call "fish-belly white!" You won't catch me outside without hat, glasses, towels, spray-on sun blocker and on and on.

Please everyone, take a minute and give yourself a good squirt of sun blocker. It doesn't take long and helps prevent some real nasties!

Joaniesmom

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.