Health care in two states

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2022, 06:26 PM
Default Health care in two states

Moving to TV. I also have a condo in Michigan. Looking to split yearly time 7 months in TV and 5 in Michigan. Any advice/suggestions on which FL provider to go with where il get the best coverage when docs are needed in Michigan. I’m hearing that Florida blue would complement with Michigan bc/bs.
Is that correct? What about United health care or others? Any suggestions welcome. Thank yoi
Old 10-09-2022, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I cannot specifically help you, but I would stick with traditional Medicare and a supplemental policy, this will give you access to any doctor that accepts medicare in both locations. You can check with the supplemental for the 2 states involved. We had looked at advantage plans but there were way too many limitations, at the time, the entire state of Colorado we would have had NO coverage. this was several years ago and limited to the 3 or 4 plans that were accepted by The Villages Health system. We gave up and stayed with traditional medicare.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:10 PM

Yes. Any state's Blue Cross supplement plan is honored by all Blue Cross plans (i.e. same coverage everywhere,).
Old 10-10-2022, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannny View Post
Moving to TV. I also have a condo in Michigan. Looking to split yearly time 7 months in TV and 5 in Michigan. Any advice/suggestions on which FL provider to go with where il get the best coverage when docs are needed in Michigan. I’m hearing that Florida blue would complement with Michigan bc/bs.
Is that correct? What about United health care or others? Any suggestions welcome. Thank yoi
It depends on what /type/ of insurance you're talking about, which you didn't mention. Are you old enough for Medicare? Or are you looking into Marketplace plans from the ACA? If you're looking for Marketplace plans, are you looking for PPO, HMO?

HMOs don't port to other states. PPOs might. Medicare Advantage is policy-specific.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If medicare look at this site Welcome to Medicare | Medicare
Advantage plans tend to be local so be sure to read the details and call the plans and ask. Also call your Dr's and see if they accept the plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
michigan, health, care, complement, docs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.