Health Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Default Health Insurance

We are moving to the villages in Sept. My parents need new health Insurance. My mom is 71 and my dad is 81. Any suggestions on health insurance and how you found out about the different insurance companies. Is there a place in the villages that will help you with this. We are moving from Buffalo, NY and going into villas in the pennecamp area. Thanks for your help
Old 09-11-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullynnchin View Post
We are moving to the villages in Sept. My parents need new health Insurance. My mom is 71 and my dad is 81. Any suggestions on health insurance and how you found out about the different insurance companies. Is there a place in the villages that will help you with this. We are moving from Buffalo, NY and going into villas in the pennecamp area. Thanks for your help
I'm not sure which one is best, but do know which one is worst. That's PREFERED CARE PARTNERS.They are reallll bad.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullynnchin View Post
are you referring to their medigap insurance?
Old 09-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaringg View Post
I'm not sure which one is best, but do know which one is worst. That's PREFERED CARE PARTNERS.They are reallll bad.
Hi jaringg, could you provide a little more info? Thanks.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Gold member

Personally I think Preferred Care Partners is very good. Lots of doctors available, have many in house services, etc...
Old 09-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Default Another Positive Vote for Preferred

Signed with Preferred Care Partners two years ago when they first offered their healthcare in The Villages. Have never had a negative experience with their service.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 09-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Aarp

AARP has medigap policies. Some are HMO/PPO and traditional. We have 3 relatives in DE who have traditional plan and have no problems. I do not remember what "letter" plan they have but it covers doctor over charges and has prescription benefits. When we were down in Feb I help my sister's mother-in-law get the same plan in FL. I "think" it was $229 per month per person. She is very happy with it !
Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Try http://www.medicare.gov/Default.aspx...ookieSupport=1
To get started and then supplement with comments from TV residents.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 AM

I sell Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plans from several different companies. Representing several companies makes it easy to compare the benefits that are important for your parents, with the best premiums. I live and work here in The Villages. Please sent me a private message and I will be happy to give you my email, or call, whichever you prefer!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.