healthcare recommendations needed!

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Default healthcare recommendations needed!

My husband, John, and I will be moving into our new home on February 6th and are thrilled! We would love to hear recommendations on where to go for dental, eye and health care. We currently are under BCBS but my husband will be going on Medicare in September.
Oh yeah, and recommendations for a vet would be nice as we have a cat.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

First, welcome to TV! We use the vet in the shopping center off rt301 in Wildwood, Animal Care Center of Wildwood Animal Hospital
354 Shopping Center Dr, Wildwood, FL 34785, Animal Care Center in Wildwood, Fl (352) 748-6348. We use Baylee Dental, Baylee plaza, Rt 441. We also use Lange eye for eye exams RT 101 and 466, and Hindsight for glasses (Pinellas plaza).

As for health coverage, as you will soon learn the villages health system ONLY accepts Medicare ADVANTAGE for those 65 or over. There are several threads on this situation, and a search will provide lots of reading material and things to think about, as well as many opinions. IMHO, this is a good service IF you are in good health, not so good if you have health problems. As soon as you get here, get in contact with SHINE, SHINE - Home, SHINE Program

Department of Elder Affairs
4040 Esplanade Way, Suite 270 Tallahassee, FL 32399-7000
Toll Free 1-800-96-ELDER
1-800-963-5337
TDD/TTY 1-800-955-8770
Fax 850-414-2150
Email information@elderaffairs.org
This organization provides an UNBIASED information on health issues for elders. Once you have met with them, then you can contact the local health insurance firms to discuss if you want to go with a supplemental plan or an Advantage plan. When talking to SHINE be sure to discuss to potential problems that you may incur if you go with an Advantage plan and then decide to go back to Medicare.

Hope this helps, and again, welcome to TV!!
Old 01-09-2017, 12:16 PM

Villagetinker you rock!!

Just got done printing the information for SHINE based on some posts of yours I read on other threads. I am always thankful to those who take the time to pass on valuable knowledge and information to those of us more than slightly overwhelmed by all the transitions demands of moving. We will be "weeding" through posts for recommendations on other vendors as well (saw your posts on landscapers and have written down Falcon and Deans as two that seem to get a lot of thumbs up!) and greatly appreciate any help we can get.

Thanks Again!
Old 01-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

We highly recommend Lake Eye (Dr. Holman) for eye care. We recommend Dr. Casper as a Dermatologist. We reccomend Dr. Timothy Pruett for dentistry although he is about 45 minutes from TV. We have The Village Health and UHC Advantage PPO (not HMO) and found it is more that adequate for our needs. I agree with Village Tinker, you really need to look at your individual health needs to determine what works for you.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Sage

Recommend Dr. Lesh at Southern Trace Dental on 466. Dr. Caylor in Laurel Manor if you need oral surgery.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Sage

Best of luck !! 15,000 people just got booted out of Villages Health, and are also looking for new providers.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobima View Post
My husband, John, and I will be moving into our new home on February 6th and are thrilled! We would love to hear recommendations on where to go for dental, eye and health care. We currently are under BCBS but my husband will be going on Medicare in September.
Oh yeah, and recommendations for a vet would be nice as we have a cat.
Go to The Medicare Store in Lake Sumter Landing and see what they have to offer. I have it and it's excellent. Don't be stubborn now, go talk to them.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendations, husband, medicare, bcbs, cat.wave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.