Hearing Aids

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Default Hearing Aids

Please excuse if I have the wrong topic for this room but have looked for 2 months now to find a "down to earth" price for a hearing aid for my wife. We have looked at some places charging almost $5000 and some (Starkey) selling for $3800. We found the EXACT Model on the Internet for 30% less but we have a hard time getting anyone to "program" it.

I know there are many that "shop" prices and maybe more that don't care about prices but just want to be recommended to someone that we can "TRUST" and have a fair price without feeling ripped off.

I know I know that (maybe) you get what you pay for but I hate to pay $5000 for something that might work just as well for $2000. I know NOTHING absolutely NOTHING about what I'm buying and have learned to believe in ONLY a chosen FEW

Your advice would be GREATLY appreciated as you have helped many times in the past and once again... I appreciate ...very much...your help
Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Default hearing aid

I got a set of aids at Audibel in the villages by Sumpter landing. They cost $2700 for the pair and are guarenteed with lifetime programming adjustments.
They also come with a 30 day free trial period. You can also pay them off within a year withour incurring any interset charges.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply...I have appt set up with this clinic later this week. You would not BELIEVE how many scams there are out ther for "hearing aids" I had one hearing clinic located near WalMart on 441 in the Villages that wanted to sell us hearing aids for $2500 and were later listed in another hearing aid ad for $1500 and this was the EXACT same Model!

I am at my wits end as each clinic has their sales pitch and even the Audiologis told me to day that this is the MOST unregulated and smams are rampid selling hearing aids. I just hate to but a $200 hearing aid when a $500 hearing aid will do just as good but..... NO ONE will tell you this!!

Thank you again for your comment and will reschedule until I am "comfortable" with someone ?? I can TRUST and... believe in!! Was told by one Dr that one person was COMPLETELY deaf in one ear and they sold her a "pair" of hearing aids anyway....

The world and the crooks are only making me lose faith in people!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.