Hearing aids

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Send a message via ICQ to tankdvr1950
Default Hearing aids

Good day all....well...as much as i hate to admit it....i am afraid its time to explore getting some hearing aids.....

i am looking for recommendations as to where to go...what company, etc etc etc....like many of you i have read some real horror stories about the hearing aid business and how many people have been take advantage of and at great cost ($$$)....so any help or advice anyone can offer would certainly be appreciated.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

I am interested myself but in the mean time you can read this link:

Hearing Aids

I typed "hearing aid" in the search option on the top of the page.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Gold member

I was in the same situation about 6 months ago. I had my hearing checked a couple of time in the past 4 years and realized that I needed to do something about it. I talked with a friend who has had hearing aids for a long time and asked him for a recommendation. He recommended Zounds. I went there and purchased aids from them. They were very thorough with the testing and fitted the aids to my hearing loss. I had no problems whatsoever even though I was told to try them for 4 hours at a time at first. I had them in my ears all day without any problems at all.

One thing I do like about these aids is that I don't need replacement batteries every week. At night I just put them in a charger and and 8 hours later the controller and the 2 aids are charged. After a year they will replace the batteries for free.

The controller which you carry has settings for increasing or decreasing sound levels, increasing or decreasing bass or treble and different settings for music, dining, and party.

Their address is 918 Rolling Acres Road, Suite 4
Lady Lake, FL
Phone # is 352-674-0057

If you decide to buy I would appreciate it if you mention my name (John Heydt) Thanx

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Zounds

After about 5 years of "yelling" at my 80 year old father, I took him to Zounds in Pa. They did a complete hearing diagnois and fitted him with with very good hearing aids. The price at the time was $1,325/ear. His insurance covered $500 of it. After about 6 months, The rechargable battery failed. They replaced it, no charge. They seem to stand behind their product. He has had them about 3 years now. They do offer an insurance policy for damage or if you lose it
Old 08-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Audiologist doctor is definitely the way to go.

Hubby went to a commercial hearing-aid store, was tested and told he needed hearing aids.

Hubby then went for a second opinion to an audiologist dr and found out that part of the reason for his hearing problem is that he has a benign cyst in the ear canal that must be removed, before being fitting for a hearing aid; if at that time he even needs the aid.

So very important to go to the real doctor and not a technician who's selling hearing aids.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Gold member

I agree about seeing the doctor and an audiologist first. Since every one's hearing loss is different. Most of the new hearing aids are digital so they can be programmed to your type of loss. They put my hearing test in the computer and program my aid while I am there. Good Luck.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.