Aspen Dental

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Default Aspen Dental

Has anyone had experience with Aspen Dental, Hway 441 in Lady Lake?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage

Click on the "Search" function towards the top of your screen, enter aspen dental in the search box, then click "Go". Plenty of feedback to be found!

Bill
Old 10-04-2011, 02:04 PM

OMG, thank you soooo much. I can't believe all the negatives about Aspen Dental. Unfortunately, the only other dentist in my discount plan is Oxford Dental. Enough said, right? Ha ha!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Click on the "Search" function towards the top of your screen, enter aspen dental in the search box, then click "Go". Plenty of feedback to be found!

Bill
I went to Aspen Dental, and I will NEVER go back. I had 27 teeth pulled in order to get dentures. To start off the dentist (Dr. Bennett) forgot to give me a script for pain, so I had to go back and get one. Then My dentures did not fit at all. They were way to big and the bottoms stuck out and cut my inner check and also cut into my jaw and I had to get stitches because the cut was so deep. They had to make me an all new healing set because they got in a hurry and did not measure everything correctly, then they left 3 teeth in and said that it was bone fragments that I was feeling, until they took another x-ray. (And I had told them on 3 occasions that I was really hurting where the teeth were, and the only reason I got re x-rayed is because I asked them continuously) The office manager (Lisa) was very nice at first, then once she got her money she treated me like crap. When I went back for 3 of my post op appointments, Lisa asked why I was there and once I told her why she said "Oh, well we tried to call and reschedule your visit because Doc was running behind." Once I get my permanant dentures I will NEVER go back. I am an office manager, and I would never treat any of my customers the way that she had treated me. Very unprofessional!!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Wow, that is an awful story, Stargazed84. Did Aspen Dental pull the 27 teeth or did an oral surgeon pull them?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Default Dental Experiences

I was the business manager for an exceptional dental practice back in Pennsylvania. I can tell you from experience, we saw many patients after they were treated by the practice you mentioned. Pretty much the same stories, north or south. Anyway, just to comment on dental insurance: it is not truly an insurance, but more of a stipend. If you are forced to go to a dental provider that accepts the pittance of a reimbursement from a dental carrier, something has to suffer. You cannot possibly get the type of quality care you are hoping for, if the office has to live within the means that dental insurers are willing to pay.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Gold member

Stargazed84,

You mentioned you saw a Dr. Bennett at Aspen Dental. Do you recall his first name? My spouse saw a Dr. Bennett elsewhere. Wondering if same person.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Default Aspen Dental- Crooks

I have a very good dental plan and for 40 years never got a bill from my old DDS in CT. I go to Aspen Dental and I was there for 3 and a half hours. Mind you I set up a normal cleaning appointment. They gave me a 4 Page sales pitch they called a treatment plan and wanted to charge me $2,000 over the $3,000 they were going to get from my insurance! I found out from my HMO most DDS DON'T charge these extra fees they are always included in the "paid" proceedure costs. They treated me like the auto repair dealer saying i needed this and that or my teeth "could" cause heart disease and everything else. What a bunch of crooks! I'm looking for a new DDS in fact my HMO is so on to Aspen Dental they are providing a FREE second opinion!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Default Don't go to Aspen Dental

I went to Aspen Dental in Lady Lake for a first appointment cleaning. I was there for over 3 hours and never did get my teeth cleaned! I did however meet with a member of their "sales team" that tried to sell me nearly $2,000.00 in costs OVER WHAT MY PLAN WAS GOING TO PAY THEM! I found out through exhaustive research that these were costs over and beyond what the ins would pay! For example they were going to do a "scaling and planing" normal suff the ins was going to pay in full then Aspen added $1800 in antibiotics and "irigation"
I went to the same dentist for 42 years in CT and never got a bill!!! These guys are crooks! They sell you on FUD Fear Uncertainty and Doubt DON'T BUY IT!
Old 11-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Default Is there, then, a laboratory that makes dentures

reasonably, other than Aspen? Thx.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.