HELP Medical Records Villages Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Angry HELP Medical Records Villages Hospital

Need HELP or info on access to medical records, and electronic record/chart for inpatient at Villages Hospital. After many days of asking for information from non appearing and non available doctors, and for medical info and records access to help as the ADVOCATE for my 73 year old friend IN PATIENT at hospital NOW for 30 days, THE RECORDS AT THE HOSPITAL ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PATIENT OR FAMILY OR MEDICAL ADVOCATE OR THE POA HOLDER!!!! NOT WITH HELP OF NURSE OR MEDICAL RECORDS OFFICE; AND NO COPIES OF MEDICAL RECORDS ARE AVAILABLE "TILL DISCHARGE". It is thus IMPOSSIBLE to assess the on going situation, diagnosis, tests, treatment plan or what action, IF ANY, is being taken by the hospital to this case of OCCULT BLEEDING. The doctors do not meet or talk with the family; the nurse when called by family says she is too busy to discuss it as it takes away from her bedside "time". Doctors come and go at odd hours. No doctor is on duty who can be called for the patient to discuss the case. It is a black hole and stone wall. Is anyone else having this problem? How can a family assess adequacy of care or whether patient should be transported to another hospital? How can a family make care decisions, which seem to be made by the doctor and simply "done"!!! No discussion, no news, no info, just rather like a gold like hospitalist medical system that things IT is in charge of health decisions, NOT the patient or family as to decisions to stay in the hospital or agree with or not consent to treatment? Or to question other treatment as available? ESPECIALLY for the family that has medical knowledge and experience??? An INFO VACUUM. When florida statute says the patient or rep has a RIGHT to the records and info???
Old 03-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Contact SHINE:
SHINE - Home
1-800-96-ELDER
1-800-963-5337

and describe what is going on they should be able to get you to the correct party to get you the help you need.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec17 View Post
Need HELP or info on access to medical records, and electronic record/chart for inpatient at Villages Hospital.
Go to Home - Villages | The Villages Regional Hospital | The Villages, Florida and click on the"Patient Portal" button, about half way down the page.

From there sign up for an account then you will be able to enter the portal.

In the portal you can see tests that were done and their results along with some other things. The test results usually appear within a couple of days after they are completed.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:33 PM

Let them know you are going to transfer him to another hospital. I did, and before I knew it I was getting calls from the administration, Dr.s appeared, and my Dad was moved to ICU. Your description of your friends experience mimics ours.
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, hospital, records, family, patient

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.