Hepatitis A

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Back to Hepatitis, the thread topic, but darn it, let's be honest. Scaring people with falsehoods is simply wrong.

I would really love to here some more of factual information on the disease, how it is spread, and I don't think it is fair to "imply", "hint at" or anything but facts.

I recall when AIDS started, the suicides caused by the panic simply based on fear.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Not to gross everyone out but Hep-A is commonly known as oral-fecal contamination. Hepatitis A

People who poop and don't wash their hands then handle your food. Farm workers who poop in the fields and pick your veggies. Contaminated water supplies..

Wash your food and wash your hands. The rest you pretty much can't control.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Not to gross everyone out but Hep-A is commonly known as oral-fecal contamination. Hepatitis A

People who poop and don't wash their hands then handle your food. Farm workers who poop in the fields and pick your veggies. Contaminated water supplies..

Good advice to fight off most any infection. Not gross because it's accurate.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post

Good link.

Although nasty, at least...

Quote:
Unlike hepatitis B and C, hepatitis A infection does not cause chronic liver disease and is rarely fatal, but it can cause debilitating symptoms and fulminant hepatitis (acute liver failure), which is often fatal.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
A friend up mine recently visited the Pacific Northwest with a group of business people. In San Francisco they were advised not to touch the soles of their shoes with their bare hands when they returned to their hotel after walking the streets due to the chance of getting Hepatitis from all the fecal matter left on the pavements. I did not realize it was that contagious. Perhaps brushing their teeth or eating with their fingers after touching the soles would present a problem
Didn't everybody get told by a parent to wash their hands if you touch the bottom of your shoe? Common sense if you think about what you've stepped on during the course of a day.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
called, sick, time, good, ate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.