Hepatitis A

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Default Hepatitis A

Beware Of Hep A it has increased In fl 1000% since 1/1/19
I got it and a friend who bought here came down for closing in May also got it.We got sick at same time but he ended up in Hospital for 8 days,He was sicker but he is 81.Heath dept called and wanted to know were I ate.I had a good record because always use Debt card.I didn't know he had it til today so called them and informed them that he was here a week and and we only ate together at 3 Places.So if anyone else had it it will be easy for them to know where it came from.They said since we were sick at same time must be one of 3 places and not caught from Him or me.You don't want to get this it is horrible.Good thing is never get again.My advice is go get a shot from your Dr. they are good for 10yrs
Old 07-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Veteran member

There’s been so much in the news about the hep a problem so I want to the pharmacy at Walgreens at tall trees and got one a couple weeks ago. Good peace of mind
Old 07-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Thank you so very much for the heads up. I am so sorry to hear you are going through this.

I have had both the Hep A and B shots which now are given in combination but I did not realize they are only good for ten years!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Veteran member

I’m sorry to hear of you contracted Hepatitis A. Hope your on your way to full recovery.

Care to mention the names of the restaurants so others can avoid them?
Old 07-02-2019, 10:57 PM

I’m on the west coast and there have been many cases of chicken pox, measles, and mumps here in San Diego. Likely a result of unvaccinated immigrants crossing the border - going to detention facilities - and infecting others. Also, a lot of parents are choosing to not vaccinate their children for the past decade. Get ready for more outbreaks.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Please do NOT list the names of the restaurants at which you ate. Here are the facts.

Hep A is often spread via food. Food handlers who have Hep A are a risk factor. They are only a risk factor for a few months after which they will stop being contagious. So far so good. Most people exposed to Hep A will not get sick. Most who get sick will be so mildly ill they will not even be aware that anything happened. A few will became significantly ill and a tiny fraction of them will be hospitalized.

If you have some pre-existing problem with your liver and you then catch Hep A it will possibly be more serious.

However the incubation period between exposure to Hep A and the appearance of clinical symptoms has a very wide range of 15 to 50 days.

What this means is that while you and your friend only ate together at three meals, those places need to be evaluated but two cases absolutely does not prove you had a common source. He could have been exposed to Hep A elsewhere within a nearly two month time from your exposure.

Example. You both became ill the first week of June. Your exposure could have been mid May and his exposure could have been mid April. So don't blame the places you ate here based on two cases. The local epidemiologists asked because they want to know what places to evaluate. Only if more than just your two cases are shown to be connected to a single source is a case proven.

For information on Hep A click here
Old 07-03-2019, 10:56 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

A friend up mine recently visited the Pacific Northwest with a group of business people. In San Francisco they were advised not to touch the soles of their shoes with their bare hands when they returned to their hotel after walking the streets due to the chance of getting Hepatitis from all the fecal matter left on the pavements. I did not realize it was that contagious. Perhaps brushing their teeth or eating with their fingers after touching the soles would present a problem

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
I’m on the west coast and there have been many cases of chicken pox, measles, and mumps here in San Diego. Likely a result of unvaccinated immigrants crossing the border - going to detention facilities - and infecting others. Also, a lot of parents are choosing to not vaccinate their children for the past decade. Get ready for more outbreaks.
You do not have accurate information. Undocumented immigrants are not the source of recent measles, mumps, and varicella cases. There have been no reported outbreaks in the detention camps other than influenza.
You can fact check if you want to, although some people don't believe the results. The CDC has been very actively evaluating the factors that have lead to the increased measles cases.

Here is the CDC's conclusion regarding measles
Quote:
“these outbreaks are linked to travelers who brought measles back from other countries such as Israel, Ukraine, and the Philippines, where large measles outbreaks are occurring.”
As of Mid May 2019 zero cases of measles have been confirmed in San Diego county. You have had undocumented immigrants for years.

The largest measles outbreak in California was in 2015 from Disneyland exposures.

The measles cases in NY are connected to vaccine refusal and cases caught in Israel. Undocumented immigrants are not a known source of any recent infectious disease outbreaks. Sorry if that doesn't align with your beliefs.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Thank you for the heads up. I would like to know at least which area to avoid otherwise we won’t be eating out anywhere at all. Yes, it may have been from somewhere else - or it may have been from eating out. Hubby and I will get the shots too, I do have a possible weak liver.
I know you are (rightly) protecting the establishments but with me Hep A could kill me so I’d like to know at least what areas to avoid.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:41 AM

A chicken chain restaurant in Ocala had a warning given that if you ate there you need to get tested immediately. 20 cases confirmed from the restaurant.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
A chicken chain restaurant in Ocala had a warning given that if you ate there you need to get tested immediately. 20 cases confirmed from the restaurant.
I'd like to see a source for your claim of 20 confirmed cases from the restaurant. Here's what I found from Jun 5th:

Quote:
The worker was at the restaurant, at 6033 SW State Road 200, from May 13 to June 2, according to a news release.
While there are no reports of customers coming down with the virus, the Health Department said getting vaccinated could reduce the chances of infection even further.
It is possible there have been updates. Also note that there have been 87 cases as of June 5th in Marion county prior to this potential exposure. Or about 17 cases per month. So all cases after the exposure will not be due to Zaxby's. Nonetheless as of June 29th there have been 96 cases or only an increase of 9 cases in 24 days which is a lower rate than previously. No evidence there of spread from Zaxby's. Certainly nothing to support a claim of 20 new Zaxby cases.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
Actually, there have been zero cases of measels reported in San Diego County in 2019.

Measles

No Measles Cases in San Diego County; Travelers Urged to Vaccinate | News | San Diego County News Center
Old 07-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Actually, there have been zero cases of measels reported in San Diego County in 2019.

Measles

No Measles Cases in San Diego County; Travelers Urged to Vaccinate | News | San Diego County News Center

Thank you for the...links.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-03-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here is a report from the California Board of Health for 2019.

Measles
Same exact link...as in post #12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Actually, there have been zero cases of measles reported in San Diego County in 2019.

Measles

Closed Thread

Tags
called, sick, time, good, ate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.