Hepatitis A

Hepatitis A

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
A chicken chain restaurant in Ocala had a warning given that if you ate there you need to get tested immediately. 20 cases confirmed from the restaurant.
I'd like to see a source for your claim of 20 confirmed cases from the restaurant. Here's what I found from Jun 5th:

Quote:
The worker was at the restaurant, at 6033 SW State Road 200, from May 13 to June 2, according to a news release.
While there are no reports of customers coming down with the virus, the Health Department said getting vaccinated could reduce the chances of infection even further.
It is possible there have been updates. Also note that there have been 87 cases as of June 5th in Marion county prior to this potential exposure. Or about 17 cases per month. So all cases after the exposure will not be due to Zaxby's. Nonetheless as of June 29th there have been 96 cases or only an increase of 9 cases in 24 days which is a lower rate than previously. No evidence there of spread from Zaxby's. Certainly nothing to support a claim of 20 new Zaxby cases.
I was a stranger and you WELCOMED ME : Matt 25:35, real Christianity

Old 07-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
I’m on the west coast and there have been many cases of chicken pox, measles, and mumps here in San Diego. Likely a result of unvaccinated immigrants crossing the border - going to detention facilities - and infecting others. Also, a lot of parents are choosing to not vaccinate their children for the past decade. Get ready for more outbreaks.
Actually, there have been zero cases of measels reported in San Diego County in 2019.

Measles

No Measles Cases in San Diego County; Travelers Urged to Vaccinate | News | San Diego County News Center
Old 07-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Actually, there have been zero cases of measels reported in San Diego County in 2019.

Measles

No Measles Cases in San Diego County; Travelers Urged to Vaccinate | News | San Diego County News Center

Thank you for the...links.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Sage

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-03-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here is a report from the California Board of Health for 2019.

Measles
Same exact link...as in post #12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Actually, there have been zero cases of measles reported in San Diego County in 2019.

Measles

Old 07-03-2019, 05:45 PM
Sage

Back to Hepatitis, the thread topic, but darn it, let's be honest. Scaring people with falsehoods is simply wrong.

I would really love to here some more of factual information on the disease, how it is spread, and I don't think it is fair to "imply", "hint at" or anything but facts.

I recall when AIDS started, the suicides caused by the panic simply based on fear.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:50 PM
Sage

Not to gross everyone out but Hep-A is commonly known as oral-fecal contamination. Hepatitis A

People who poop and don't wash their hands then handle your food. Farm workers who poop in the fields and pick your veggies. Contaminated water supplies..

Wash your food and wash your hands. The rest you pretty much can't control.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 07-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Not to gross everyone out but Hep-A is commonly known as oral-fecal contamination. Hepatitis A

People who poop and don't wash their hands then handle your food. Farm workers who poop in the fields and pick your veggies. Contaminated water supplies..

Good advice to fight off most any infection. Not gross because it's accurate.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post

Good link.

Although nasty, at least...

Quote:
Unlike hepatitis B and C, hepatitis A infection does not cause chronic liver disease and is rarely fatal, but it can cause debilitating symptoms and fulminant hepatitis (acute liver failure), which is often fatal.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
A friend up mine recently visited the Pacific Northwest with a group of business people. In San Francisco they were advised not to touch the soles of their shoes with their bare hands when they returned to their hotel after walking the streets due to the chance of getting Hepatitis from all the fecal matter left on the pavements. I did not realize it was that contagious. Perhaps brushing their teeth or eating with their fingers after touching the soles would present a problem
Didn't everybody get told by a parent to wash their hands if you touch the bottom of your shoe? Common sense if you think about what you've stepped on during the course of a day.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
called, sick, time, good, ate