Hip

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Default Hip

My 89 year old Mom will be moving down to TV with me and my wife very soon. My Mom lives on Staten Island and has health coverage called HIP. Does anyone know if she can still use this health insurance in Florida? My sister said she probably can't. Sorry I don't have more information right now because me sister has been handling this for my Mom but now I will.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 AM

I'm pretty sure HIP is a NY thing.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Gold member

Just go to the insurance company web site and there should be information on there coverage area. I know here in The Villages there is Preffered Care Partners, AARP PLan, Humana and you can check the Florida web site that coveres "SHINE" which is help with medicare here in Florida.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 12-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Dancing Thyme

Went on the HIP website, and here's the introductory first paragraph:

Get a Free HIP Quote:

HIP is an insurance provider based in New York, founded in 1947 as a prepaid group practice health plan. Today, HIP offers a full line of insurance products to its members, who currently number well over one million. The HIP network includes more than 22,000 physicians throughout the New York area and surrounding states, covering more than 33,000 different locations.
HIP offerings include traditional healthcare plans, including the HMO for which it is the largest provider in the New York area; these are offered to individuals, families, and just children. HIP also offers coverage for alternative medicine and therapies including acupuncture, massage, and yoga. Services not covered under benefit plans can still be obtained at a discount rate through special programs, and include LASIK vision correction and membership at local health clubs.
Besides its strong offerings in the healthcare and insurance arenas, HIP is also a strong member of the community it serves. One of the highlights of HIP's continuing efforts to contribute includes the Pastoral Care program, which has trained more than 75 volunteers to make more than 2,000 visits to hospitalized members monthly."

When I put in zipcode 32162, I got a message saying: "Yes! We have health plans in The Villages, FL!"

Here is the website for your convenience....
http://www.healthplans.us.com/HIP.htm?sid=U-G-88-152

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Went on the HIP website, and here's the introductory first paragraph:

Get a Free HIP Quote:

HIP is an insurance provider based in New York, founded in 1947 as a prepaid group practice health plan. Today, HIP offers a full line of insurance products to its members, who currently number well over one million. The HIP network includes more than 22,000 physicians throughout the New York area and surrounding states, covering more than 33,000 different locations.
HIP offerings include traditional healthcare plans, including the HMO for which it is the largest provider in the New York area; these are offered to individuals, families, and just children. HIP also offers coverage for alternative medicine and therapies including acupuncture, massage, and yoga. Services not covered under benefit plans can still be obtained at a discount rate through special programs, and include LASIK vision correction and membership at local health clubs.
Besides its strong offerings in the healthcare and insurance arenas, HIP is also a strong member of the community it serves. One of the highlights of HIP's continuing efforts to contribute includes the Pastoral Care program, which has trained more than 75 volunteers to make more than 2,000 visits to hospitalized members monthly."

When I put in zipcode 32162, I got a message saying: "Yes! We have health plans in The Villages, FL!"

Here is the website for your convenience....
http://www.healthplans.us.com/HIP.htm?sid=U-G-88-152
Kathie I:

Great job.

Another question asked and answered by this forum. TOTV rocks!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Kathie I:

Great job.

Another question asked and answered by this forum. TOTV rocks!!!!!
Thank you sir, it was an easy one, now if it was hard, I'd be the last person to answer it... LOL.... Good Luck
George T.....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.