Hip and Knee Surgeon Resource

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2019, 09:23 AM
Sage
Default Hip and Knee Surgeon Resource

Since there is so much interest in the subject of hip and knee replacements among our population, I thought I'd post an excellent State of Florida resource. At this site you can see how many hip and knee surgeries were performed by Florida surgeons for the year ended Sept. 30, 2018.

Clicking on the name of the surgeon will bring up contact, education, certifications, etc.

Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgery Centers | FloridaHealthFinder.gov. Sorry but I couldn't link the exact page, so here are the directions:

Click on the above link.

On top menu bar select "Compare."
On drop-down menu select "Physicians."
Under "agency resources," select "Compare Physician Volume"
Select "Total Hip or Total Knee Replacement."
Select either "All Physicians" or "Physician by Name."

For the year ending September, 2018, Dr. Nyugen did a whopping 627 total knee replacements and Dr. Duke 352!

Last edited by Carla B; 08-13-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Correct directions
Old 08-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Default Hip and Knee Surgeon Resource

Hi, can someone tell me, where do most people go for hip or knee replacements? Again, thanks
Old 08-13-2019, 08:29 AM
Sage

If you do "Search" on here (top menu bar) and type in "Hip replacements" or "Knee Replacements" you will find the names of doctors a lot of people use. A few that come to mind: Hips - Drs. Locker and Duke, both in Ocala. Knees - Dr. Duke, or Dr. Nyugen (Orlando). A few local surgeons are mentioned also.
Closed Thread

Tags
surgeon, hip, knee, resource, period

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.