Hospital rating

Hospital rating

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-16-2019, 08:31 AM
gatorbill1 gatorbill1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Bonnybrook
Posts: 38
Default

Albany NY has 2 excellent hospitals, Albany Med and St Peters - ranked 1 and 2 stars only????
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 04-16-2019, 02:24 PM
Dan9871 Dan9871 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 676
Default

My wife has been in the Villages Hospital many times for serious health problems. Treatment and staff were very good. Both of us would choose Villages Hospital when there is a choice. Yes, some times there is a long wait to move from the ER to a hospital bed... but that is a problem almost everywhere in the country. The ER is hectic but that is often the case for ER's around the country.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #23  
Old 04-16-2019, 03:19 PM
jojo's Avatar
jojo jojo is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,628
Default

I've posted before on this type of thread that I have volunteered at the Villages Regional Hospital one day a week for the past four years. I talk with patients about their hospital experience and ask if they have any needs. One of my questions is whether there is anything the hospital could do better. Rarely does someone have a suggestion for improving the service on the floors. Well over 90% are positive about their experience. The major problem I hear on the floors is lack of communication with doctors or not knowing when they are coming. That is out of control of the hospital. I've probably talked with 6,000 patients. One couple told me they would like to move in! There are problems with the Emergency Room experience which appears to be mostly dependent on the numbers in ER when they arrive. I took my mother to the hospital four times in the last two years and she was treated well. We did have one longer wait in the ER.
__________________
Columbus OH, The Villages - Amelia
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,202
Default

I know first hand is better so the only experience I have with that is a friend who is 89 that we transported to the Village ER was taken in and treated like he owned the joint. They all knew him and one Nurse said he had Frequent Flyer Miles. He had a favorable outcome.

When we moved here and were trying to make the best decision we could we had the great fortune of making friends with a Hospital Administrator and a Doctor of 35 years who also had his wife in TVRH for a few months. They were very knowledgeable helpful and loved posters on Our Forum They both had no iron in the fire and told me it was a green light as far as using the Hospital. From what I've seen I'm going to bet our lives on it. My wife is having some difficulty and I told the Specialist she saw today that I lined up an appointment at Columbia Presbyterian in NYC. He gently laid out the case for staying local and I'm going to do just that.

I believe every person who had a rough go of it at TVRH. Most of it anyway. It must have been rough waiting so long as some of what I've read especially when you feel like garbage but until it happens to me I'm sticking to the original plan. I'm not going to clog up the emergency room with a hangnail, I'll go to the care place up in Summerfield on 441. Good Luck to all.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-2019, 06:47 PM
Jazuela Jazuela is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I know first hand is better so the only experience I have with that is a friend who is 89 that we transported to the Village ER was taken in and treated like he owned the joint. They all knew him and one Nurse said he had Frequent Flyer Miles. He had a favorable outcome.

When we moved here and were trying to make the best decision we could we had the great fortune of making friends with a Hospital Administrator and a Doctor of 35 years who also had his wife in TVRH for a few months. They were very knowledgeable helpful and loved posters on Our Forum They both had no iron in the fire and told me it was a green light as far as using the Hospital. From what I've seen I'm going to bet our lives on it. My wife is having some difficulty and I told the Specialist she saw today that I lined up an appointment at Columbia Presbyterian in NYC. He gently laid out the case for staying local and I'm going to do just that.

I believe every person who had a rough go of it at TVRH. Most of it anyway. It must have been rough waiting so long as some of what I've read especially when you feel like garbage but until it happens to me I'm sticking to the original plan. I'm not going to clog up the emergency room with a hangnail, I'll go to the care place up in Summerfield on 441. Good Luck to all.
I think part of the trouble is, when you -do- have an actual emergency, they can't even do the intake til they wade through all those people with hangnails. Why? Because they don't know those people only have hangnails, til they do the intake. That is my experience with emergency rooms in general. I've been fortunate that the times I truly believed my life was in jeopardy, the waiting room for the ER wasn't busy, or I was ambulanced in.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:24 AM
cwolff cwolff is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Default

So, can the developer publish the poor health ratings to stop people from moving to the Villages. Seems to me that should solve the problem. I don't think so. I have a feeling the developer could help solve the problem. I doubt there is a lack of money.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-22-2019, 07:59 AM
Jazuela Jazuela is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
So, can the developer publish the poor health ratings to stop people from moving to the Villages. Seems to me that should solve the problem. I don't think so. I have a feeling the developer could help solve the problem. I doubt there is a lack of money.
The developer doesn't own the hospital. The developer, as I understand it, only owns the property upon which the hospital was built. Also it's not the only hospital in/near The Villages. It's just the closest 24/7 emergency care center to the northeastern part of the Villages and serves both the Villages and surrounding towns.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-22-2019, 09:55 AM
gatherer47 gatherer47 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 647
Default

My friend just spent 36 hours in the emergency room waiting for a room-the care was and is fine but with all the expansion in the Villages,what can be done? another hospital is needed in the southern part of the Villages-it seems this problem is simply being ignored
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-23-2019, 08:08 AM
Jazuela Jazuela is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
My friend just spent 36 hours in the emergency room waiting for a room-the care was and is fine but with all the expansion in the Villages,what can be done? another hospital is needed in the southern part of the Villages-it seems this problem is simply being ignored
There will be a new Emergency Care center over by Wildwood, it's being built. There's also a "bedless" hospital being built at Brownwood.

It's not being ignored, it's just in progress.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-23-2019, 12:41 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,754
Default

Also an ER going into Trailwinds on 466A and one on 44 across from Brownwood plus continued growth of Urgent Care facilities in the area. You also know that you can't just build a hospital, there are State and Federal regulations, approvals and reams of paperwork that is required along with lots of money. I believe all the hospitals are privately owned so like any business, the owners need a return on their investment. Getting more health facilities just isn't that easy. I'm sure the Developer would love to lease more land but I bet he is so happy that he isn't in the Hospital business here.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hospital, villages, nurse, doctor, understaffed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.