Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus: Global

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts
Default Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus: Global

Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus: Global survey

An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.
The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus: Global survey - Washington Times

This is not a clinical trial, just a poll of real world Doctors who are treating coronavirus patients.

Based on what I'm reading, these drugs work best when used early.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus: Global survey

An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.
The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus: Global survey - Washington Times

This is not a clinical trial, just a poll of real world Doctors who are treating coronavirus patients.

Based on what I'm reading, these drugs work best when used early.
We all hope it will be effective. I looked this up and it came from Sermo which is a doctor's blog where doctors supposedly discuss things on an online "forum". Worldone.inc. bought it some time ago. I would still call this anecdotal information. I have to wonder how the "doctors" credentials are verified. It says it is "the most effective therapy" according to what you tell us, but I haven't really heard of any other "therapies" being used. There are no anti-virals for it and no vaccine to prevent it and antibiotics are used to prevent secondary infections. I want to believe this good news, I do. But it could be just a bunch of yahoos like me giving their opinion. Anyone can pretend to be anyone on the internet. I know you want to be encouraging, but we just can't be hootin' and hollerin'. Too much of that goin' on by others meaning to be encouraging...…………….

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-03-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:39 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We all hope it will be effective. I looked this up and it came from Sermo which is a doctor's blog where doctors supposedly discuss things on an online "forum". Worldone.inc. bought it some time ago. I would still call this anecdotal information. I have to wonder how the "doctors" credentials are verified. I want to believe this good news, I do. But it could be just a bunch of yahoos like me giving their opinion. Anyone can pretend to be anyone on the internet.
Wave I of Sermo’s COVID-19 Barometer Survey was launched on March 25 and fielded over three days. Physicians were not incentivized to participate in the study. The sample represents physicians registered with Sermo, a secure digital (online) platform designed for physician networking and anonymous survey research. The platform is exclusive to verified and licensed physicians.

https://public-cdn.sermo.com/covid19...ysis-final.pdf
Old 04-06-2020, 10:32 AM
Platinum member

Some new info

Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution." He said he has found it only works if combined with zinc. The drug, he said, opens a channel for the zinc to enter the cell and block virus replication.

LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 - ABC7 Los Angeles

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread | Virology Journal | Full Text

Last edited by GoodLife; 04-06-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Platinum member

I truly hope this is the resolution we’ve been hoping for. Time tested product already long in production would be a fantastic tool.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:00 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...1&d=1586188785
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	42E0DFF1-61A9-439B-8BBE-A8EA17E80CBA.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	83550  
Old 04-06-2020, 11:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

"What Do You Have To Lose?" !!!
nails it for me.

Per the information - perfect or not - if I or a family member/friend contracted Covid, I would STRONGLY instruct my medical professional to administer it. period.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

nails it for me.

Per the information - perfect or not - if I or a family member/friend contracted Covid, I would STRONGLY instruct my medical professional to administer it. period.
"Hydroxychloroquine"
What-do-you-have-to-lose!
Strong logical words that some do not like to hear including certain media outlets.....
Old 04-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

nails it for me.

I’m with you 100%.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
"Hydroxychloroquine"
What-do-you-have-to-lose!
Strong logical words that some do not like to hear including certain media outlets.....
Your life, if not careful. Contact your doctor before doing anything.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
No kidding. You cannot just buy the pills on your own. Requires a doctor script or administered in hospital.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
These are prescription medicines, you can't get them unless your doctor prescribes them.

Not sure why some promote the idea they are dangerous. There are some complications with arrhythmia with hydroxychloroquine, but from studies I read, that was mostly with prolonged use. Current protocol for these drugs to treat coronavirus only uses them for 7-10 days. About a gazillion people have taken this drug, including your grandpa and dad in WW 1 and 2.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I'm all in for it, "What do you have to lose"..
I was just making a comment that others will not like the positive view of this drug because someone higher up in our chain of command promoted "Hydroxychloroquine" from the beginning....
Old 04-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Marvic 1;1741498]I'm all in for it, "What do you have to lose"..
I was just making a comment that others will not like the positive view of this drug because someone higher up in our chain of command promoted "Hydroxychloroquine" from the beginning....[/

Their loss
Old 04-06-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
haha. Brilliant.
Closed Thread

Tags
doctors, hydroxychloroquine, coronavirus, rated, effective

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.