If you need an MRI - read this

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Platinum member
Default If you need an MRI - read this

Recently I have had experiences with Lake Medical Imaging. If you need to have an MRI I would highly recommend you request that it be scheduled at their facility in Leesburg. The machine's circumference is substantially larger than that of the equipment in their Spanish Springs office and thus less claustrophobic.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

They also have one at their Sharon Morse facility.
It is called a wide bore MRI.

And you can request "the mirror". They place a small frame above your face that looks out the window into the parking lot. Totally takes away the feeling of being inside.

When making your MRI appointment just tell them you want a wide bore machine and they will tell you where available....Leesburg and Sharon B Morse for sure.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The one that BILLETHKID spoke about was so comfortable I actually fell asleep for a while. I also found out that the strength of a particular MRI machine can be greater but you would never know by just looking at it. I have a Vena Cava Filter that may have dislodged inside of me if the stronger MRI was used. I remembered while I was set up on another machine that would have done me in. Thankfully I thought about it because if the office staff. Thank God for them.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

For me it's an open MRI or nothing if there are none down here I'll have to settle for X-rays or CT scans.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

There are a couple of true "open" MRI facilities in Ocala.
Just google it.
There is some what of a disadvantage in that the open MRI is not quite as strong and MAY be some what lacking in detail.
When I had one done there it was quite sufficient.

I have since been utilizing the larger bore MRI with the mirror set with no problem at all.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
They also have one at their Sharon Morse facility.
It is called a wide bore MRI.

And you can request "the mirror". They place a small frame above your face that looks out the window into the parking lot. Totally takes away the feeling of being inside.

When making your MRI appointment just tell them you want a wide bore machine and they will tell you where available....Leesburg and Sharon B Morse for sure.

The mirror sounds great however, I don't think it would have worked for me because I went into the machine facedown on my stomach.

Last edited by BK001; 03-28-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
mri, substantially, circumference, machines, leesburg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.